• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Holton Model 48 Case?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohnecael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Holton Model 48 Case? Reply with quote

My Holton case is in need of some repair badly and i dont have any pictures to base it off of, does anyone here have any pictures they could forward my way of the horns original case?

P.S I would also appreciate how to repair the spings on the latch system since they are baisically unusable
steevo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you how I resolved the issues with my original case for my 1948 vintage Holton 48: I tossed it, and never looked back.

About 15 years ago, I bought a very nice Holton 48. The trumpet was in fantastic condition, and in its original case. The case was not trashed, but the latch springs were no longer functioning, but worst of all it smelled of old, funky horn. Mildew had taken hold and was not letting go.

As much as I liked the idea of keeping this fine vintage trumpet in the same case it lived in for well over 50 years, tossing the case and purchasing a new Pro Tec case was a better solution for me. Better protection than the original, and doesn't have that lingering odor.

I also have a 1948 vintage Conn 80A that came with a nice looking, but funky smelling case. The case is buried somewhere in my garage, but the cornet lived in a new Cronkite bag.

To answer your question, talk to your local repair shop. They should have case parts available, or at least can get them for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: