• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Martin Slide Trumpet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE BD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject: Martin Slide Trumpet? Reply with quote

Does anyone have information on these?

I recently purchased one, and it should arrive to me on Saturday. Looking forward to experimenting with it for sure, but I can't find any additional information on them online at all.

The serial number is about 13xxx (1915?), and there is a union stamp where the slide connects to the bell. No lock there, the parts are pressure fitted together. Tuning slide is in the end of the slide and not in the bell. Horn is bare brass, I don't think any lacquer was remaining if any was ever there. What was most interesting is that a flugel shank mouthpiece fits best in the receiver if that makes any sense?

Yeah, I did that!
bagmangood
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be that it is supposed to take a vintage cornet taper - I have an old Martin slide cornet that probably wouldnn't sit a modern cornet mouthpiece too well.

Soprano slide instruments are ... slippery ... in pitch. Good luck! They're quite fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: