• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Vibrating trumpet -Popping sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicetp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Vibrating trumpet -Popping sound Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I recently tried a collegue's trumpet but , blame me, cant remember what model it was.
The trumpet was vibrating, I mean I felt it vibraitng within my hands, and the sound just had this popping, sparkling clarity that was just nice.
I remeber, thoug, it was a Bach ( reverse leadpipe ).

So , my question is :

Now that I know I want one horn with similar qualities, what would you recommend ?

Thanks

JiCe
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about asking your colleague which model it was, and if it had any tweaks or modifications?

Beyond that, you’re going to probably get a bunch of “try THIS horn!” suggestions, which may or may not be helpful, “vibrating” and “popping” are pretty subjective descriptions.

Brad
Pete
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume from your popping sound description that it is responsive and bright. The feel of the horn vibrating would suggest that the specific horn has ideal characteristics to get this response.

As Brad mentioned, find out what was done to the horn, if anything. The horn might just be an ideal specimen though.

The reverse leadpipe Bach trumpets are the LR180 models. The Bach Mariachi Model, LR190, has a reverse leadpipe also.

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: