• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stock Mouthpieces with Rounded Outer Rims

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mustang

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Stock Mouthpieces with Rounded Outer Rims Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I am a professional player and have found as I age, traditional mouthpieces are uncomfortable at best and often times painful. After a few years of experimentation, I found that the outer rim contour such as the Schilke No. 2 rim is a viable solution. Long story short, I had a unique one-of-a-kind combination that worked very well, but it was lost. I have tried to reproduce the original specs, but it hasn't worked very well.

The 2 rim does come standard on the Schilke 16B2, which I have been using. It does not hurt, but I am not happy with the sound.

So, here's my question: does any other mouthpiece maker offer a stock outer contour similar to the Schilke No. 2? I would very much like to experiment on stock models before going down the custom route and paying big money for a mouthpiece that may not work and cannot be returned. Thank you!
benlewis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kanstul Mouthpiece Comparator is still online. It has a Schilke 16C2 profile against which you can compare other stock rims.

https://www.kanstul.com/MPcompare/MouthpieceComparator.html

HTH

Ben
wilder
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Call SCHILKE and explain the situation. They will tell you what to get from a Dealer with the usual tryout period. jw
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schilke produced several fine custom mouthpiece makers who learned the trade doing the custom work at Schilke. Scott Laskey is no longer with us, but Karl Hammond is alive, well, and in business. I suggest you contact him: https://www.karlhammonddesign.com/

Stork is another possibility. Give Phyllis a call: https://storkcustom.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: