• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Vincent Bach 11EW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markwu071

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Vincent Bach 11EW Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I recently got my hands on a bach 11ew. I am making this post in hopes of starting some conversation since I haven't seen any discussion about this piece on this forum before. The first thing I noticed was how massive the rim is despite being a smaller cup size. I was able to pump out double gs effortlessly, and my flexibility was not hindered drastically since the rim is quite round, especially for a cushion rim. I usually use a 10.5c for any classical repertoire that I would play in a regular band, but because I have really large lips, I tend to tire out pretty quickly on pieces with narrow rims. The rim on this piece improves my endurance significantly since it is much wider than a conventional rim, but tone quality is a tradeoff due to the shallower cup and the smaller diameter (it is the smallest shallow mouthpiece that they make). I would only use this piece if I were playing lead where a lot of power is required to pump out high notes. Other than that, it is not a very good all around piece at all. What do all of you think of this piece? And what would you use it for?

Bach 1.5c 22/24
Yamaha 16E4 GP (1.5A) 18/(24?)
Yamaha 14A4a stock
CKB 3C 26/(117?)
danny45635
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, when I have tried to play lead on a Bach E/EW cup mouthpiece, the sounds isn’t quite right. It’s almost to “light” and almost piccolo trumpet like. Again, that’s just me. I am by no means a lead player, I am more of an orchestral player. If I were to use this mouthpiece, it would probably use it for piccolo trumpet, as for most people, myself included, the Bach E cup and 117 backbore combo works well.

However if it sounds right, and feels right, I’d say go ahead and use it. But first, get a trusted and knowledgeable friend/teacher etc. to listen to you play it and give you feedback.

Also, on a side note, with practice, you can sound good on any mouthpiece, shallow or deep, long as it works with your facial structure.

Good luck with the mouthpiece , and I hope this helps!
jaysonr
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they may an 11DW? The D cup and the 76 backbore might give you more of a commercial/lead sound than the E/117 combo.

Ultimately, use what makes it easiest to get the sound that's in your head. There isn't a right or wrong answer.
JVL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, i can't talk about it, but if you want a better sound, the Marcinkiewicz Ingram model will certainly give it. Its ID feels about 10 3/4 and the rim is very comfortable.
Give it a try
best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: