• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

MIDI Brass Samples etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve_tbh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: MIDI Brass Samples etc. Reply with quote

I’ve seen some videos on YouTube about creating “realistic” brass sounds from a computer of sorts. I heard the samples and they sounded very realistic, unfortunately. I just wanted to hear other’s thoughts on this kind of thing. How do you guys feel about people being able to create realistic trumpet sounds off of some program? I feel like it’s hard enough for players to find work unless they’re fantastic and great networkers, and now we have programs that can take our gigs? This is my first post, and I only posted it because I couldn’t find anyone else complaining about this and I just wanted to see how others feel. Thanks

https://youtu.be/rklD-9A0plc
greg warthan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a lot of funk/rock stuff in the late 80's and had quite a few guys ask me to play samples for their midi programs. I always refused, no matter what the pay. Club patrons confirmed the live sound of horns blew away the computer. Yes, this has been around for a long time and has cut a lot of potential jobs.
Tobylou8
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard some very good programs that are almost perfect. It still isn't a trumpet though and lacks energy AND dynamics. I was watching a video and kept looking for the horns. There were FOUR keyboard players! I finally found the "horn".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: