• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

To the Owner of TrumpetMaster

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sounds7
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobylou8 wrote:
JorgePD wrote:
Seriously doubt it! And I'm fairly confident Gottfried is not the owner, he just dislikes Rowuk. Which if he did, he would just get rid of him. Owners fire "bad" employees, not shut down their business. I'll say more later. Gottfried isn't his real name either.

Gottfried Reiche was a trumpet player from the 1700s. This Gottried could be a distant relative, or just really old. [/img][/quote]

HAHA Yeah, when I saw that I thought, "What a coincidence"!! Apparently Rowuk was "hated" more than I realized. I didn't always agree, but the vitriol slung his way by some is over the top.[/quote]

Rowuk (Robin) said some of the ugliest things about other brand Trumpets because they weren't Monette. That and almost every time he stated an opinion I believed the complete opposite. He is one of the reasons I stopped finding it cool to hang out on TM. I never could really speak my mind to him because I knew he could ban me.
47 Martin Committee #3
Buescher lightweight 400 228
Buescher lightweight 400 217
Taylor/Harrelson/MAW
Warburton model 235
Stomvi Mambo #5
Conn constellation 38a cor.
Courtois 301 Orchestra C
Yamaha Custom 9830 pic
Yamaha 731 /Harrelson mod
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds7 wrote:
Tobylou8 wrote:
JorgePD wrote:
Gottfried Reiche wrote:
I'm the owner. I deleted all the information. Permanently.
NOISEMAKER wrote:
Thats definitely not murky
Guess we got an answer.
Seriously doubt it! And I'm fairly confident Gottfried is not the owner, he just dislikes Rowuk. Which if he did, he would just get rid of him. Owners fire "bad" employees, not shut down their business. I'll say more later. Gottfried isn't his real name either.

Gottfried Reiche was a trumpet player from the 1700s. This Gottried could be a distant relative, or just really old.

HAHA Yeah, when I saw that I thought, "What a coincidence"!! Apparently Rowuk was "hated" more than I realized. I didn't always agree, but the vitriol slung his way by some is over the top.

Rowuk (Robin) said some of the ugliest things about other brand Trumpets because they weren't Monette. That and almost every time he stated an opinion I believed the complete opposite. He is one of the reasons I stopped finding it cool to hang out on TM. I never could really speak my mind to him because I knew he could ban me.

I only lurked on TM, but Rowuk certainly had his opinions and didn't tolerate those who couldn't be converted to his view and continued to debate with him.

But he also contributed a lot of good info.
Tobylou8
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds7 wrote:
Tobylou8 wrote:
JorgePD wrote:

Gottfried Reiche was a trumpet player from the 1700s. This Gottried could be a distant relative, or just really old. [/img]

HAHA Yeah, when I saw that I thought, "What a coincidence"!! Apparently Rowuk was "hated" more than I realized. I didn't always agree, but the vitriol slung his way by some is over the top.[/quote]

Rowuk (Robin) said some of the ugliest things about other brand Trumpets because they weren't Monette. That and almost every time he stated an opinion I believed the complete opposite. He is one of the reasons I stopped finding it cool to hang out on TM. I never could really speak my mind to him because I knew he could ban me.[/quote]

Well, at the new Trumpetboards.com, being banned by Rowuk isn't an issue. The owner is the only moderator. Rowuk has an incredible amount of good information and I always appreciate his input. His "Achilles" in my opinion is the unrelenting view that Monette is "it". I did argue with him, especially about the mouthpieces and the "center pitch" BS that was pitched ( ) to players with more money than sense. One dude had $1000 worth of mpcs on his hip every rehearsal and constantly changed depending on the tune! This, in a community band!!! It didn't help him. $1000 in lessons would have benefitted him much more and he still might be playing. I don't remember the ugly things about other trumpets, he speaks highly of Getzen, Yamaha, Bach and other brands. He was not a vintage horn aficionado unless it was a natural trumpet from centuries past. And just to clear up any perceived bashing on my part of Monette, it is an exceptional tool in the hands of a professional and worth every penny for making a living playing.
LaTrompeta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciated Robin's posts.
Brassman64

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to know what's going on.Rowuks first name is Robin, right.I hope our TH sisters and brethern don't mind our inquiries.
Brassman64

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all the TM gang ,and hello to all the new TH folks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: