• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New embouchure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noahprince

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: New embouchure Reply with quote

So I feel like I am hitting a wall with my current embouchure. It is very strange and I honestly don't know how I have even been playing this long. When I put the mouthpiece to my lips, I place the top part of it underneath my top lip (which means I'm kinda playing with the inside of my mouth), thus I have a very low mouthpiece placement. I don't think anything is wrong with lower placement, however, my top lip basically comes over the mouthpiece and am barely using any of my upper lip to play. I am playing with the inside of my upper lip essentially and there is lots of red visible from my upper lip. It has always been like this and has felt natural in my earlier years but I am not sure if I should just stick with it or change for good. I am a decent player and have always made the top ensembles and chair placements growing up. I can play up to about a D/Eb but not consistently and have endurance issues at times. I honestly have no idea how it has worked for me this long in my playing but I am really on the fence about changing since it has worked this long. At the same time, I feel like it is starting to create a ceiling with my endurance and range.

Does this mean I should change? Thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: