• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Anybody using a Bach 2C ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iiipopes
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Bach 2c Reply with quote

zaferis wrote:
Knight17 wrote:
..... i needed my own intermediate mouthpiece so i bought a 2C....

Stop this!.. There are NO beginner, intermediate, nor professional trumpet mouthpiece! They are mouthpieces - designed well or poorly, manufatured well or poorly, large to small, shallow to deep, etc.

Only basing this on what you wrote, I think I would have guided you toward the 3C neighborhood (Bach or other brands), then told you not to switch back and forth. Get a good fit and good overall sound, then stick with that mouthpiece until you are very solid in your fundamentals and chop stability (for most of us, college or beyond. IMO a very, very low percentage of H.S. aged players are truly ready or need extreme mouthpieces "screamers"-will inevitably delay your growth or incourage bad habits that will take time and effort to overcome)

This. In high school in the late '70's I had a teacher once who insisted my 3C was not good enough and had me get a 1 1/2 C, as that was what all the "real" trumpet players played (cough, cough). My tone, range, endurance and everything else went to hell in a handbasket, and he blamed me for not practicing enough. With Mom's approval (she was paying for the lessons) we dumped the teacher. I went back to my 3C, and all my range, tone and endurance came back, and that summer I got band camper of the year at the summer band camp hosted by the same regional university from whence this teacher taught. I played that mouthpiece and only that mouthpiece from then until just recently, when after a safari I realized the 3C cup and rim were fine, but my breath support was starting to need help. I got another 3C with the marginally tighter #76 backbore to help manage my breath support.
Miketpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did for a while in college. The rim contour is basically the same as a 1X or Parke Orchestral/Merkelo. I believe Tony DiLorenzo plays on one. Great mouthpiece!

Mike
GarrettFaccone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Hawk, trumpet has used a Bach 2C for his legit work for a very long time.

Granted, it's still a pretty big mouthpiece, but he made it work!

I was a student of Dr. Hawk's at Slippery Rock University (outside of Pittsburgh, PA) and he had THE SOUND on it!!!

https://www.facebook.com/stevehawktrumpet
Blast! The Show - 2014 Japan Tour - Trumpet/ Piccolo Trumpet/ Percussion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: