• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Schilke C7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LanceB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Schilke C7 Reply with quote

Any comments?
david johnson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great horn. I've had one for a while now. Many call it a step-bore, but I contacted Schilke and they call it more of a poly-bore. It works well with any mouthpiece I use, but I think any good horn would mostly do that. It has the large bell. The blow is a little freer than my Bach ml-bore horns.
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Schilke C7 Reply with quote

Hello all,
Schilkes are great horns. They feel good, they are easy to play.. For the most part intonation is better than most. What sells me on Schilke is the feel, build and evenness of timbre and intonation. I have owned a C1L, S22C, C4 and a C3HD. I have also owned a Yamaha 6445 and a nice Bach 229/25A horn. Just have the C4 and C3HD now. I feel that the larger bore of the C3HD has better center of the 4th harmonic. I don't need to use alternative fingerings on the C3HD, but the C4 almost needs some alternate fingerings to sound right...at least when playing with others. As a solo horn the C4 is fine. The larger bore of the C3HD plays better with others.
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in college at U of Minn. The trumpet section of the Minnesota Orchestra were (3 out of 4) playing Schilke C7 with an extra large bell flare. This was '66 to '70. They sounded fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: