• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Question Regarding Flexus Chromatic Displacement Exercise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottA
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Question Regarding Flexus Chromatic Displacement Exercise Reply with quote

Hopefully someone can explain the instructions for page 106-112. I understand how to play the exercises and think I benefit from them quite a bit. But, it seems like the instructions say to eventually play each exercise #1-12 three times at the increasing tempos. From what I can tell, with just a bit of rest between tempo changes and each exercise this would take about 45 minutes by itself.

Once this is accomplished the recommendation is to play 4 or 5 daily. I am assuming this means at the three different tempos each? Still quite a bit of playing.

I understand that this would be worked up to but it is only one small part of the full routine.

I thought I had asked this earlier here but could not find it. Apologies if this is a repeat from a while ago. Thanks.
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first 6 exercises take between 1.5 & 3 minutes each if done as indicated. Subsequent exercises take longer, but I have never gotten that far. So, taking 30 seconds or so between each exercise, I can play the first 3 pages in in under 15 minutes. I assumed that, as with most CC drills, the 3 tempos are done in one setting. I am resting between exercises only. I know they say "reset" between tempo changes. I wouldn't, but if I did I wouldn't rest. I'd just reset.
Faculty Jamey Aebersold Jazz Workshops 1976-2019
JazzRetreats.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: