• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Blessing BTR-1580

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldplate
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Blessing BTR-1580 Reply with quote

It has been about 4 years since the fire sale on the Blessing BTR-1580 trumpets. I bought one of the reversed lead pipe versions and I think it is a really nice trumpet. I have seen very few for sale since 2015. I am wondering if there were just not many made so there are not many for resale, or if people are holding on to them.[/i]
PDXbugler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Blessing BTR-1580 Reply with quote

Goldplate wrote:
It has been about 4 years since the fire sale on the Blessing BTR-1580 trumpets. I bought one of the reversed lead pipe versions and I think it is a really nice trumpet. I have seen very few for sale since 2015. I am wondering if there were just not many made so there are not many for resale, or if people are holding on to them.[/i]

What was the price during the fore sale? I tried to search the threads but couldn't find it.
googanelli
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see them sporadically on ebay. I bought mine early on and love it. It's a solid horn. There are a few horns I've played that I like nearly as much. I was saddened when they stopped production and moved.

Joe
JonathanM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the low internet prices were around $1,000? And with that price a few resales at TH were even lower. Very nice horn with only one thing that bothered me; the balance of the horn. Mine was a bit heavy toward the bell; more so than any horn I can recall having. I'd still buy another one, of course.
Gorgeous trumpet; mine was a matte gold lacquer with bright silver trim. Really nice valve and slides action and a tone that was great. Pitiful that this model isn't made any longer.
Puje: American Belle
Cornet: Olds Recording & Super
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned a BTR-1580 for a while. I used it as a backup and travel horn. I thought it was a nice horn, and the price was great at the time. I don't imagine that many of them were sold as I have literally never seen another trumpet player with a BTR-1580.
brass tones

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took advantage of the sale on the very fine Blessing 1580 a few years back. The horns are very well made, sound great, are a bit on the heavy side, which is neither good nor bad.
As far as players using them, a very fine professional trumpet player, Dominick Farinacci, who has videos on youtube that can be viewed, plays the reversed lead pipe version of the Blessing 1580.
Also to consider, Fred Powell had a hand in the design of this horn with the Blessing company.
veery715
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great horns for the $. Folks are hanging on to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: