• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

DW american classic 5C and 3C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
napoorsocapo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject: DW american classic 5C and 3C Reply with quote

Someone knows this trumpet mouthpieces? Measures? Experiences ? Seem different from the Bach.
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: DW american classic 5C and 3C Reply with quote

napoorsocapo wrote:
Someone knows this trumpet mouthpieces? Measures? Experiences ? Seem different from the Bach.

I tested the whole series from 1 1/4 (1,25) to 7C and found them having much more comfy rims than the Bach ones. As a matter of fact I liked them more - having spent almost 30 years on Bach 1 1/4.
The sound quality was a bit rounder, less edgy.
Today I would prefer the Wicks!!
Yamaha YCRD2330II
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Yamaha 6335 RC Schilke 14B
King Super 20 Symphony DB (1970)
Selmer Eb/D trumpet (1974)
O00Joe
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, of all the Bach 5C-esque mouthpieces I've tried, the DW American Classic 5C was the most like an "improved Bach". The Laskry 60C would be second. Everything else has felt like "its own concept". The most noticable difference is the throat and backbore are larger so the blow is somewhat different. The sound seems more "orchestral" to me, like a step between a Bach 5C and 6BM. The rim was a little more rounded but not so much that the general feel was different. The cup is a little more V shaped.

I would definitely recommend trying one. It's a solid piece. I stuck with my Bach because I still like the sound on Bb more. If I didn't already have an unbeatable C mouthpiece I'd probably use it on C.
Akai MPC Live II
Roland JD-Xi
Casio MT-68
napoorsocapo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a more used trumpet mouthpiece.
No one knows these mouthpieces
Stanislav234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a very experienced player, but i think i can feel the difference between Bach and DW mouthpieces. Previously i had been playing on Bach 3C and then switched to DW 3C. DW feels somehow bigger and has more interesting and colourful sound in lower register. It can also sound pretty mellow and deep, with cornet kind of quality. Can't say anything about high register, because i'm not so good at playing above High C. But notes below that can sound pretty powerful and almost piercing if you step on gas.

However it's my subjective experience, so take it with a grain of salt. Everything that i said can be more related to proper practice of fundamentals which started since i bought this mouthpiece.
Claude1949
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my Dennis Wick American Classic 5C.....it seems more useful than any other of the "traditional" 5C I have played. I imagine it is the combination of angle/cup shape/backbore, etc......it just feels great on my lips and sounds fantastic. I will play it much more & see if my first impressions are right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: