• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

The three best hiking pants for men

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SydWalters

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: The three best hiking pants for men Reply with quote

Hiking pants come in three main categories in current market: roll-up, convertible, and full-length.

We are briefing some remarkable points which could help to ease your choices as below:

Full-length is the ideal pick if you are looking for complete leg protection challenging all kinds of weather. You even find many best summer hiking pants, which go with zippered vents and mesh pockets to improve airflow and breathability and to reduce overheating feelings in summer.

Convertible pants are famous for their flexible 2-in-1 application, which can be switched between shorts and pants with the leg zip. It gives you more flexibility to overcome all weather conditions and reduce a load of clothes for multiday hikes. I have found the best trekking pants for men falling into this category.

Roll-up pants that are in the middle between convertible and full-length is the first choice for climbing with meeting the high demand for mobility. There are usually zippers on the leg and tabs or buttons that hold the cuff when rolled up.

We have found the best hiking pants for men with a focus on durability, comfort, and fulfillment. Get ready to know more.

1- prAna - Men's Stretch Zion pants

These Prana stretch Zion pants are the best hiking pants for women and men who're searching for the high versatility, perfect functioning, and innovative fabrics for their trips. At first glance, these pants look no different from a regular pair of pants. So, you can wear them out for dinner without hesitation.

Getting the highest point for comfort, you can get an excellent fit to move about while wearing. These pants give the appropriate amount of stretch for many outdoor activities like hiking, rock climbing, or yoga.

The original stretch 'Zion' fabric with durable water repellent (DWR), including 97% Polyamide, 3% Elastane, offers UPF 50+ sun protection, moisture-wicking, and quick-drying. However, the water-resistant function is not too strong for these pants. At the time water bead up on the pants, it is brushed away immediately under snowy weather. However, if your next trip to the tropical rainforest, it is not the right choice.

Offering mesh pockets and angled dual-entry cargo pockets. Leg pocket opens horizontally and vertically. For quick map access on-trail or securing small things you need (lighter, knife, light, etc.), you can quickly have them inside the pockets.

Convertible ability when rolled up into ¾ shorts to keep cool and still bush/sun protection. Some people compliment it more than convertible zip-off pants

Pros

• Excellent fabric and comfortable fit
  • High flexibility
  • Convertible ability

Cons

• For multiday hiking in summer, some users advise that it should be more breathable features, such as more ventilation holes
  • A bit of water-resistant feature, not suitable for a heavy downpour.

2- KUHL Renegade Cargo Convertible pants

We vote for KUHL Renegade Cargo Convertible as the best men's convertible pants thanks to its fantastic versatility. These have multiple, spacious pockets and the ability to transform quickly into shorts. These pants are perfect for hiking, skiing, etc. and look good enough for dinner out.

Stretchy and allow excellent freedom of movement with durable 2-way stretch fabric, which has brushed back and dries quickly. A combination of DURALUX 95% Nylon and 5% Spandex materials offer outstanding water resistance to beat any weather and terrain.

★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★

➤➤➤ Read More: List of best outdoor tools

★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★ ▬ ★

Most comfort and breathability gained during traveling with its exceptional design, including gusseted crotch, articulated knees, and stealth patented zips system off to 10" short

UPF 50+ sun protection, which is suitable for hiking under sunny days. In case if you're walking in colder temperature, you can always wear a base layer underneath the pant without reducing the comfort.

A great choice of pockets with mesh pockets and compartment pockets inside large cargo pockets, which keeps items secure and organized. You can hold a passport inside that cargo pockets while hiking and traveling. Their lightweight feature and spacious pockets can reduce considerable stress on your back while moving. Snacks, a phone, a map, or whatever you want to carry along your hiking ways, you can have it close inside your pockets.

Easy to care, wash, and wear

Pros

• Excellent versatility, breathability, and comfort
  • High water resistance and durability with DURALUX 95% Nylon, 5% Spandex materials
  • Numerous pockets, Compartment pockets inside large cargo pockets
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Some complaints on the snap to fasten the waistband that it is not robust and pops out when bending over.

3- Arc'teryx Beta SL

These are genuinely waterproof hiking pants for hiking, trekking, ice climbing, etc., especially under a torrential downpour. The purpose behind their creation is for an emergency weatherproof case. It is light and compressible enough to carry them on any trips, and you always have a back-up plan in unexpectedly weather conditions. These pants cost less than others Arc'tery pants but still do not a budget-friendly option for your choice with $275 price tag on Amazon.com

Made of 100% cotton waterproof materials with N150p-X Gore-Tex fabric, these pants offer the highest capability of water resistance. You can walk across the stream or go through a tropical rainforest without an issue. Moreover, the Gore-Tex fabric provides a higher level of breathability and venting than other thicker waterproof materials.

Arc'teryx Beta SL is also another option for lightweight feature with 9.2 oz. With PacLite innovation, they are compressible also, and then you can pack them up easily while traveling.

These pull-on pants have a simple but useful waistband with classic shoelace look and adjustable drawcord. Also, the cuffs have the same design, which both keeps your pant legs lower than your shoes and hold the boots better.

Pros

• Comfortable, lightweight, and breathable
  • Durable
  • Excellent weather protection, especially the highest water resistance
  • Minimum design for people who love the simplicity

Cons

• Expensive than average
  • Not too many features, for example, numerous pockets.

➭➭➭ For More Information: https://thekinglive.com/how-to-pick-the-best-hiking-pants-an-a-z-guide.html

The legs are the primary care while going out for hiking and trekking to achieve the highest mobilization. With the new inventive fabrics, current pants can protect your legs over all kinds of weather and threatens on the way. If versatility and flexibility are your primary demand, the KUHL Renegade Cargo Convertible is the best pants you'll ever wear. In case you are looking for a high level of water resistance but lightweight and comfortable features, Arc'teryx Beta SL is a must choice. Even it is a bit costly, but it deserves your money due to the Gore-Tex fabric and PacLite technology. Best overall but underperforming waterproof feature, prAna - Men's Stretch Zion pants are a great option both for your casual wearing and outdoor activities.

Last edited by SydWalters on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
stumac
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently set up a Quad Protec case with 4 trumpets, Bb, C, D and Eb, alternated the direction they faced, used 2 of the small blocks in bottom, one in front and one behind the valve block of each with 2 more opposite attached to the lid, these hold the horns firmly. For the smaller trumpets a stack of 2 blocks behind each prevents fore and aft movement.

The main thing I think is to arrange the pieces to hold the horn snugly so it is unable to move in any direction.

Regards, Stuart.
zaferis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ position a couple on the lid of the case, to help secure each trumpet - I place them so that they line up on either side of the valves (place the trumpet in the case, set the pads in position with the velcro side up, close the lid-they should be attached as you open the lid)

I recently bought the same case and find there are more than enough bumpers - leftovers for sure.
Retired Air Force Bandsman
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of this just this morn.

When I was coming up, most cases had, as a matter of course, room for mutes. I recently bought a Yamaha Shew and the case has more room than one needs for cleaning supplies and not enough room for mutes. What's up with that?

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: New case Reply with quote

SydWalters wrote:
Hi all;

I just purchased a new protec pro pac, for 3 trumpets. I don't have 3 trumpets, but I do have 2 and would like to store my other junk in the case as well, such as mutes and cleaning stuff. Problem is, there are almost no instructions with the case, and a plethora of little squares, wedges, and very long wedges. I did get it set up with one trumpet at one side and the other trumpet at the other side, both pointing the same way, with the middle section reserved for my 'junk'. Do you guys have any ideas about how better to set things up with this case? I had a bunch of stuff left over, and don't want to miss out on any 'brilliant' ideas, if you know what I mean.

I got a ProTec iPaq triple a few months ago. It came with a sheet with little pictures of potential configurations. I ended up making up my own, but there was a sheet. It was int the main outside pocket.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
A. Frish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the quad case by ProTec. At first, I didn't see the paper that showed how to set up the case. Instead, I went to the Woodwinds & Brasswinds website. I found the case that I had, and I looked at the pictures on that site. I too have left over parts. That setup sounds just fine though. As long as the trumpets are safe and secure, there is no real reason to worry about what it looks like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: