• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

HL Transcribed Horn series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GizB
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: HL Transcribed Horn series Reply with quote

Just curious if anyone knows anything about these. I have 'em, and am wondering if the transcribers had access to horn-only tracks, or worked from written horn parts. There are some things which I'm not picking up when listening to some of these songs. I do a lot of this type of transcribing, and some of the part choices are odd.

Some of the song choices also seem odd to me. Is anybody really playing It's Madison Time or Dr Funkenstein? Great tunes. . . . But no matter. There's a lot of good stuff here. Your section could work straight off these scores and sound good. I use them to double-check parts, and I always vet them with a recording.

I'd also like to know if they plan any more in the series.

And just by the by, does anybody remember the Charles Hansen Sketch Score series? They did the first 10 or so Chicago albums. Very accurate, and sounding them out at the keyboard years ago helped me learn theory.
trane1959
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo brother!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: