• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bigger bell for Schilke G1L-4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpt4him

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject: Bigger bell for Schilke G1L-4 Reply with quote

I own a Schilke G1L-4 E/F/G trumpet and love the playability and pitch on the F side in particular (G is also great). I’m using the #5 bell but would like something that’s closer to a C trumpet sound (fuller and broader). Does anyone have any experience with larger bells for this horn? I have heard that Schilke makes a bigger bell (maybe #4?) for the instrument to more match the bigger horns, but I dont know if that’s still the case as it’s not on their website, and I also don’t know if it’s enough difference for the money.

Anyone have any experience?
CRoberts8
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Bigger bell for Schilke G1L-4 Reply with quote

trpt4him wrote:
I own a Schilke G1L-4 E/F/G trumpet and love the playability and pitch on the F side in particular (G is also great). I’m using the #5 bell but would like something that’s closer to a C trumpet sound (fuller and broader). Does anyone have any experience with larger bells for this horn? I have heard that Schilke makes a bigger bell (maybe #4?) for the instrument to more match the bigger horns, but I dont know if that’s still the case as it’s not on their website, and I also don’t know if it’s enough difference for the money.

Anyone have any experience?

Schilke will build a #4 bell on special order, give them a call and they’ll chat with you about it. I have experience with a #4 bell in F on a G1L, and it made a pretty substantial difference, allowing me to use the horn regularly in quintet, blending much more easily with a Bb on second. That bell really shines on parts that sit just on top of or above the staff, but need to sound easy or laid back throughout.

Happy to talk with you more individually about it, but I am very positive about my experience, though “is it worth it” depends on your individual circumstances.
bike&ed
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the principal of the Rochester Phil uses a G1L-4 with a larger bell as his primary horn.(?) It’s been awhile so I don’t quite remember...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: