• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Embochure Rehabilitation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winnipeg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Embochure Rehabilitation Reply with quote

Hello folks.
I've recently been diagnosed with Bell's Palsy. Can't play a note. Didgeridoo only. I'm not a pro but I am am an old guy who's been working really hard on coming back after 40 years off.

I've been on the meds and I'm getting acupuncture and doing rehab exercises. I'd like to get my hands on The Healthy Embouchure Guide for Comeback and Amateur Brass Players as a part of my rehab and program moving forward.

Problem is I'm in Canada and the book costs $20, then $32 additional dollars for International Shipping through the author's publisher. Actual shipping is much less but their hands are tied.

If anyone out there has a copy of this book that' they're willing to part with for a fellow trumpeter in need? I'm happy to send an email transfer for the retail price plus shipping if anyone's willing to take the trouble.

Thanks for reading. I'd also appreciate folks sharing their experiences with this crazy thing.

Cheers,
Winnipeg
Forte
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been evaluated for TMJ problems? This may be a contributing factor in Bells Palsy symptoms.

Thanks,
Robert
Derek Reaban
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chase Sanborn wrote an excellent series of posts on TPIN years ago when he had Bells Palsy. Rich Willey also wrote about his Bells Palsy experience on TH.

Best of luck for a full recovery!
Winnipeg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. Yes, I have found the other Bell’s posts. TMJ is an interesting angle. I’m seeing my MD tomorrow. I’ll run it by him.
Kro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject: Bell's Palsy Reply with quote

My wife is a French horn player who had bell's palsy - she treated it aggressively with acupuncture and was back playing within 6 weeks. The key is to start treatment as early as possible. Good luck.
Winnipeg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kro. That’s encouraging. I’d love to be back in
6 weeks. The grosser aspects are no longer visible. Embouchure onexistent though. Time will tell.
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winnipeg wrote:
Thanks for the input. Yes, I have found the other Bell’s posts. TMJ is an interesting angle. I’m seeing my MD tomorrow. I’ll run it by him.

Also check with your dentist or an oral surgeon, they have a more in depth knowledge regarding TMJ and corrective measures than the average MD
Rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: