• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet Bflat B&H400

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Pereira

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Trumpet Bflat B&H400 Reply with quote

I came across a thread on this forum regarding the B&H400 schools quality trumpet. I have not been able to find it again but if memory serves the info' posted on the thread was to the effect that B&H had this line made by the Czech firm Amati but found them so bad that they instituted legal proceedings to put a stop to the B&H name being put on these instruments.

My enquiry is, did B&H just discontinue this line or did they get them made by some other party?

In particular, did they ever get any of these instruments made in Taiwan?

While it's hard to credit that they would have done this, I have a trumpet, marked as made in Taiwan, with the B&H name on the bell in a very presentable - I would be inclined to say, smart - manner: not at all a hand-scribed brand name such as so many Chinese &c. faked instruments have on them.

The instrument itself is dreadful though it can be played after a manner. The mouthpiece is not removable, though whether made in one piece with the lead pipe or cemented in later I cannot say. It has the Yamaha name stamped on it but that does not mean much as an outfit capable of putting the B&H name on as elegantly as appears on this instrument would have no problem doing a plausible job of the Yamaha name on the mouthpiece.

Does anyone have any information on whether B&H had inexpensive trumpets made in Taiwan? I would be most grateful for any information on this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: