• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach....really??

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:
Brad361 wrote:
The problem I have, and what prompted me to start this thread, is helping students’ parents understand that they really do need to take the horns back to the dealer to correct these problems. I think sometimes parents (who are well intentioned) either don’t get around to taking the horns back, or don’t really think it’s necessary, or both.

Brad,

I understand and share your concern. But at the end of the day is this really your problem?

If the parents and the student are satisfied then you maybe should just make sure they are aware and let it go.

One thing you could do is keep something like spacefiller on hand to put on the third valve dump slides to help prevent issues for students who don't get the horn fixed. I understand this is not the right fix, but it would only take a moment to apply and it would prevent dents.

Good point (s), it’s really not my problem. I just remember that when I had my first pro horn (1970 King Silver Flair), I wanted everything with it to be “perfect.” But you are correct, someone else’s horn is not really my problem, and not everyone is as OCD about this sort of thing as I am.😎

Hopefully (and I believe the best resolution to this, will be) Bach becomes a bit more quality assurance aware and corrects these mostly relatively minor problems.

Brad

I think more of doing it your way than not caring. One reason the world has so many problems is too few people care about others. It may be more trouble to get involved but it has to feel better at the end of your day ( or life ).

I think you have done your students and a lot of people a favor by pursuing it for the right reasons👌 I read no Bach hate or bias. Do what you know is right.
Rod
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that my comments to Brad were in only intended to give him a way to avoid this becoming a consuming issue, not to question his bringing this up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: