• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Tony Kadleck mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ximo_molina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Tony Kadleck mouthpieces Reply with quote

hello!

I'm looking for information on the mouthpieces of the GR signature series, specifically the tony kadleck models (rim, cup, throat, backbore, etc)

Thanks!
Carol Brass Toreador Bb
Bach C 239 Malone leadpipe
Yamaha631 flugel
Yamaha Xeno Cornet
Stomvi Titán piccolo
Stomvi élite Eb
GR mouthpieces
ScottA
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the GR Facebook page:

"65.6 special rim GR designed for him. Slightly softer bite, the S has a higher alpha and M & MX both have the same Medium high alpha. The M and MX cups are the same GR math with Tony's Rim and alpha. These mouthpieces are so playable and so middle of the bell curve I believe they will fit many players. Working with Tony Kadleck was awesome. Neither one of us knew what to expect. After 7 hours straight Tony picked up my C trumpet and sounded as good as any major orchestral player. Two minutes later he nailed a musical double C on the money , dead in tune."

Typically the GR S cup would have a #1 BB (tight), the M a #2 (medium) and the MX a #3 (more open). Throats are most likely 27 with slightly different throat entrances on each. I hope this helps some.
Ximo_molina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. A few weeks ago I contacted the great Tony Kadleck. I bought his mouthpiece signature Gr, specifically the “S Kadleck” model. I am adapting well to it, going from a diameter of 660 to 656, it is a very "little" difference. The sound is huge throughout the range, easy articulation and fantastic intonation. I was wondering exactly what this S cup is equivalent to in other brands such as Warburton, pickett, bach ... (this cup is similar to the standard S cup of GR). The S Kadleck model comes with a backbore 1, tight backbore according to the website (in terms of resistance I don't know what it can be equivalent to with other brands) The mouthpiece ring is quite comfortable, not as wide as my Warburton pieces, but balanced enough for great flexibility and grip that helps endurance. Overall, it is a fantastic piece, but I would like to get some more additional information from it. Thank you
Carol Brass Toreador Bb
Bach C 239 Malone leadpipe
Yamaha631 flugel
Yamaha Xeno Cornet
Stomvi Titán piccolo
Stomvi élite Eb
GR mouthpieces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: