• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

1994 LA Calicchio ML bore Silver (Not a Sales Ad)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hornhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: 1994 LA Calicchio ML bore Silver (Not a Sales Ad) Reply with quote

I am considering selling my Silver 1994 LA Calicchio 2/2 ML. Absolute Mint.

Just chem cleaned and has a Reeves Alignment, I have owned it since new!

Any ideas on what it is worth?

2009 Yamaha YTR-8310ZBP Black Phoenix
1952 Martin Committee Deluxe Raw Brass & Nickel
2017 da carbo Unica Gold Lacquer/Carbon Fiber
2020 Inderbinen Wood Raw Brass Flugelhorn
Getzen Eterna 998 Valve Bone
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but I can tell you listing it in the Marketplace here thinking someone will send you money when you are a new member with who's made the minimum required five posts (who fairly obviously just made those five posts to try to sell your trumpet in our Marketplace) will be a waste of your time.

If on the other hand, you actually participate here meaningfully for a few years, build up a record of hundreds of legitimate posts and then list it, you'll probably find yourself a buyer willing to pay what the horn is worth.

For a moment I am going to ignore the probable reality of the situation and answer your question: Join eBay if you haven't already, then do a search for Calicchio trumpets, check the "Completed Items" box (you have to be logged in to do so), and you'll see a record of what Calicchio trumpets have actually been selling for.

After thought: I see you actually joined in 2013, so maybe you're not just one of those "Five-Posters" and it's just a coincidence you've reached your fifth post when you want to sell a horn. If this is the case, please forgive any perceived harshness in my above writing.

After-after thought: Now I've looked a little deeper and I see your five posts have been made sporadically over a period of six years. You should post more often! That said, you clearly aren't one of those who join, make five insincere posts in a couple of minutes, and then list a $3000 horn in the Marketplace.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I'm going to go have that overdue first cup of coffee - it'll attenuate my (obvious) cynicism.
Hornhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will forgive you John

I am no scammer & I do belong to ebay and have sold many horns on there over the years. Nothing on there that is really comparable. I looked all over the web before I decided to "BOTHER" any one here.

Steve Dillard bought my Olds Recording...So dude....please chill! Maybe do a little checking before insulting from here on out!

And it's not like I own schlockey instruments!

By the way, judging folks by the # of posts is kind of faulty thinking anyway. I could post like a fiend and be a hatchet murderer or hardly post and be the most ethical upstanding citizen in the universe!

This is exactly why I don't post much...an innocent post asking for info, turns into a pissing match!

Last edited by Hornhead on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
giakara
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold mine from the same era and in mint condition 3.000$.
Good luck.

Regards
Getzen eterna 910 C
Getzen eterna 850 cornet
Selmer Paris 3 valve picc
Yamaha 731 flugel
Carol mini pocket
Reeves/Purviance mpcs
Hornhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Giakara! Much appreciated!

John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hornhead wrote:
I will forgive you John

I am no scammer & I do belong to ebay and have sold many horns on there over the years. Nothing on there that is really comparable. I looked all over the web before I decided to "BOTHER" any one here.

Steve Dillard bought my Olds Recording...So dude....please chill! Maybe do a little checking before insulting from here on out!

And it's not like I own schlockey instruments!

By the way, judging folks by the # of posts is kind of faulty thinking anyway. I could post like a fiend and be a hatchet murderer or hardly post and be the most ethical upstanding citizen in the universe!

This is exactly why I don't post much...an innocent post asking for info, turns into a pissing match!

What pissing match? As you read in my edits to my original post, I acknowledged the legitimacy of your post. Maybe it would have been best if I just deleted what I originally wrote once I realized you are legit (except for the eBay suggestion). I just left it all there to kind of poke fun at myself.

As for judging by the number of posts, perhaps you're not aware, but we've had many incidents where a person creates a user ID, makes five posts in five minutes (usually asking questions they really couldn't care less about, causing nice folks to waste their time answering the person), and then places things in the Marketplace, never to post here again. It annoys people.

And yes, a sociopath could spend years creating hundreds or thousands of posts and then use the marketplace to steal - but how likely do you think it really is that that would happen? I feel comfortable buying from people I've known here for years, but I would never trust someone who joined last week, and made the minimum required five posts to sell. Would you?

Good luck with the horn sale, if you decide to sell it. If I were you I'd list it on eBay and also in the Marketplace. In the Marketplace listing you can include a link to the eBay auction. And I'd make it a long, long auction (at least a month).
Hornhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good wishes on the horn sale. Glad to see you have a sense of humor about yourself.
Best Regards!

HH

Locutus2k
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your horn is really mint my guess is in the $3000 range, as Giakara stated, but you have to find a Calicchio connoisseur and/or lover. In my experience Calicchio trumpets are not very consistent, they go from marvellous to dogs, assuming yours is a good one i will expect that price.

Speaking of marketplace: i've placed a couple of ads in the past (one just for a Calicchio trumpet) and received some insulting and offensive private messages from users with unknown id and no possibility to reply. It was unsettling at best so i've never posted again.
Lawler TL5 Balanced 30th Anniversary (#2 of 5)
Lawler TL5 L bore
Bach NY Special edition 2008
Flugel Van Laar Oiram Ack
Mark Curry mouthpieces
------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: