• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Wynton Marsalis Baroque Music for Trumpets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gringoloco
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject: Wynton Marsalis Baroque Music for Trumpets Reply with quote

Hello all.
Does anyone know the TWV numbers for the two Telemann concertos on this album?
Thanks.
Rob
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject: Wynton Marsalis Baroque Music for Trumpets Reply with quote

That's funny, as I recently went on a safari in my apartment looking for that cassette and cd and can't find either. At 69 it gets frustrating as heck thinking this is the beginning of alzheimers. But, I used to lend out way too many of my albums this way. I wish I could help.
Didymus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Wynton Marsalis Baroque Music for Trumpets Reply with quote

blbaumgarn wrote:
That's funny, as I recently went on a safari in my apartment looking for that cassette and cd and can't find either. At 69 it gets frustrating as heck thinking this is the beginning of alzheimers. But, I used to lend out way too many of my albums this way. I wish I could help.

It may not have mattered. I took a glance at the booklet which accompanied the recording I own. The TWV numbers for those Telemann concerti were not listed anywhere. Most of the liner notes were dedicated to an explanation as to how they recorded the album, not about the music.

Last edited by Didymus on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Didymus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Wynton Marsalis Baroque Music for Trumpets Reply with quote

gringoloco wrote:
Hello all.
Does anyone know the TWV numbers for the two Telemann concertos on this album?
Thanks.
Rob

The TWV number for the second Telemann concerto on that disc is 54:D4.

As far as I could tell, the first Telemann concerto on that disc (the one in Bb major) does not have a TWV number assigned to it. However, I'm not a musicologist, so I can offer neither an explanation nor an educated guess as to why that is so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: