• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Gard Bag Elite with wheelies?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazzvuu
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Gard Bag Elite with wheelies? Reply with quote

I been on the fence on getting a different case from my Torpedo Coyote for general use as I am finding the weight of the coyote more and more bothersome. I tried asking Torpedo Bags if they could add wheels as the option they had before but they said they no longer had a supply of parts (understandable).

I been eyeing the Gard Bag Triple Compact elite because I like the design (2mm pvc inserts and such) and aesthetics in general better their wheel options. I am not associated to Gard Bags at all but would you think that would be a great choice of options in the wheelie variety? I find the other variety of wheeled case very meh in look or protection (such as the that protec shell one). The MB one are nice design but I think the appearance bland without being elegant for the high price and not much in space in pockets.

https://www.gardbags.com/elite/en/Brasswinds/Trumpet/gig-bag/5-eclk-gard-elite-compact-triple-trumpet-gig-bag-leather.html

I have email them about the possible of this combination and await their response.
DJtpt31
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a Gard compact triple bag and store my Bb, C, and picc. comfortably including my mpc pouch. It is light compared to the old wolfpak 2.5 case w/ wheels I was using before.

Do you have a preference as to how you carry your case (cross-body, over-the-shoulder, backpack, rolling case)? I carry my case by the hand strap, however when I am having to go a great distance with my case, I'll activate the backpack feature and all is well.

There are videos on youtube where guys are using the "taco" foam inserts to fit 4 horns (Bb, C, Flg., & picc.) in the gard triple elite. That's an example of getting more out of your case.
jazzvuu
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is lighter than other cases but there is not way to reduce the weight of 2 to 3 horns. The caae difference an emtpy coyote and gard is like 3 to 4 pounds. When loaded, that is about about 18 lbs. So wheels is where i would not be carrying. I usually do one or two strap backpack depending on what else i am carrying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: