• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Franz metronome repair

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Franz metronome repair Reply with quote

Does anybody know how I can calibrate a Franz electric metronome from the 70's? Mine stops ticking below 60, and is very slow. When it starts to tick, it is even, but is nowhere near the markings that it is set to. Otherwise, it is the best metronome I have ever used. Very loud, with no special click on the downbeat.
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds closer to a repair than calibration. Do you know anyone skilled in repair of electronics?
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a google search? "Franz electric metronome repair"

I did and found a couple of interesting links.

The How to adjust a Franz LM-4 Electric Metronome? link looked interesting but not much info when clicked on.

The second link, Franz Metronome Calibration has some interesting information, especially the part about how to avoid ending up with all the internal parts on the floor.

I didn't go past the first page of links. good luck.
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:

The How to adjust a Franz LM-4 Electric Metronome? link looked interesting but not much info when clicked on.

The second link, Franz Metronome Calibration has some interesting information, especially the part about how to avoid ending up with all the internal parts on the floor.

Better yet, go to the page archived in the Wayback Machine:
Link
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

etc-etc wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

Link

I don't understand how using the wayback machine to access the same page I linked to using google is better. I am familiar with the wayback machine and have even used it to get evidence in a patent infringment lawsuit. I find it much more difficult to use.

What am I missing?
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

etc-etc wrote:
Link

"He calls it the WABAC."... quote from "Mr. Peabody and Sherman", 2014. My kids love that movie.

I did notice that some of the Wayback links were broke but the same links on the original URL worked.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. I better not risk taking it apart. I already broke one when I was a teenager. It sounds complicated trying to fix it. I'll just buy another one. Thy're a dime a dozen on ebay.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irving wrote:
Thanks for your replies. I better not risk taking it apart. I already broke one when I was a teenager. It sounds complicated trying to fix it. I'll just buy another one. They're a dime a dozen on ebay.

I noticed that. You might consider putting yours on eBay in case someone likes to restore them and resell.
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
etc-etc wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

Link

I don't understand how using the wayback machine to access the same page I linked to using google is better. I am familiar with the wayback machine and have even used it to get evidence in a patent infringment lawsuit. I find it much more difficult to use.

What am I missing?

For whatever reason, my anti-virus was popping up warnings when accessing the original site. Hence, I looked it up in Wayback Machine.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

etc-etc wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:
etc-etc wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

Link

What am I missing?

For whatever reason, my anti-virus was popping up warnings when accessing the original site. Hence, I looked it up in Wayback Machine.

Good answer. I did not have that issue, but perhaps I now have another issue.
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
etc-etc wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:
etc-etc wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

Link

What am I missing?

Good answer. I did not have that issue, but perhaps I now have another issue.

Try Malwarebytes (the name does not sound too well-chosen) - it will work for the first two weeks in premium mode; after that, it will still function in a free mode that allows manual scanning of file system and memory.
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: