• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Student trumpet help!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Student trumpet help! Reply with quote

jadickson wrote:
Mmac wrote:
Hi I’m looking for your expert advice... my 10 year old will be starting the trumpet and has no prior experience... I’ve been researching and see a variety of Yamaha models (2330, 2320, 2335, 200AD). Which of those if any would you choose? If you have other suggestions aside from these I’m open to them! Thanks so much for your help! Signed clueless trumpet mom!

Every few years, Yamaha changes the model number of their beginning trumpet. They change the design a little bit and change the model number. But if it begins with 2, it is the student trumpet. The 200AD is the current one, I believe. It’s a really good trumpet.

The Yamaha student trumpet usually comes with a 11B4 mouthpiece. This may or may not work with your kid. I find it very small and shallow. I want to let them try it as well as a Bach 7C or Bach 10 1/2C to see which one fits in the best.

I also really like the King student trumpet. It’s easy enough for a kid to start on, but it can take more air, so when they get into high school marching band and they want to play loud, it will still work for them.

I’m a middle school band director and would be happy to help you in any way, just send me a PM.

The Yamaha 2330 is their current student line horn. The 200AD is the same horn with a different case, and is offered to select dealers for their school programs.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: