• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cleaning Vintage Case Velvet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oncewasaplayer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Cleaning Vintage Case Velvet Reply with quote

I'm curious to learn what you've done to clean the interior fabric of your vintage cases. (I'm not concerned with removing a musty smell--only in cleaning the actual velvet material which has oil and dirt stains.) Thanks in advance.
bhornFree

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the case, what's under the fabric, and what/how good of shape the fabric is in. Also on how much you want to make sure you don't ruin the material.

I've used the hand held attachment to a steam cleaner to clean a lot of low-value student instrument cases, but that will get it wet. It usually dries fine in the sun.

Other cases I've used foaming upholstery cleaner, damp wash cloth with a home made "no rinse" cleanser, or just ripped out the old stuff and put new in completely with a spray contact adhesive. There are some awesome colors and materials available for not much $$.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: