• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha 6335RC --- New model.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orban

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject: Yamaha 6335RC --- New model. Reply with quote

Hello,
Concerns the new yamaha 6335RC.

Few news, comments or reviews in the last months.
Are there any members here who have recently purchased or play-tested this trumpet?

All info is welcome because I am in the run for a new trumpet.
(now Yamaha 5335G)

Thank You in advance.
pinstriper
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I have heard about this instrument is that Louis Dowdeswell just switched to it from a Bach 37 after about a year as an endorsing artist.
'51 Olds Super
'69 Olds Studio
'40 Olds Special Cornet, Military Issued
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an opportunity to have <very famous Yamaha brass guru> work on one of my horns while at a contest in the early spring.

At that time, we started talking about commercial trumpet options and <X> recommended that I check out a new commercial horn that was going to be released fairly soon, but was only in the prototype stages at that time. Thought it would be better than any of their other commercial style horns when it came out.

Told me it was being play-tested in various prototype forms by some big-name pros, but not any names, or a release date. Basically "You're going to love this horn when it comes out, but I can't tell you any details right now."

I can't help but wonder if this YTR-6335RC is that horn we were talking about. It sure seems like it given the timing. I'd love to get a chance to try one out. From the sound of things, it was developed in Germany and may be available in the EU before it shows up in the states.
giakara
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my mates in Athens big band (the lead player) get it before a month, I play it for five minutes and it was a very good horn , not so open as my Lawler but a well balanced horn with with great projection and very secure high registers,my buddy like it a lot (he use to play lead with a old Xeno 8335G) , I will play it again in September after the vacations.

Regards
Getzen eterna 910 C
Getzen eterna 850 cornet
Selmer Paris 3 valve picc
Yamaha 731 flugel
Carol mini pocket
Reeves/Purviance mpcs
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Yamaha 6335RC--New Model Reply with quote

I talked to someone who sampled on up in the Twin Cities recently and they thought that it would be not just a lighter lead type horn but very versatile and an all arounder. That sounds very positive.
Ximo_molina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my main trumpet for all my work (shows, recordings, big band and even some classic) is an incredible instrument. a spectacular center, perfect tuning throughout the record, good sound. I had never had a Yamaha trumpet professionally, but I played a few notes with it and quickly took out my credit card
Carol Brass Toreador Bb
Bach C 239 Malone leadpipe
Yamaha631 flugel
Yamaha Xeno Cornet
Stomvi Titán piccolo
Stomvi élite Eb
GR mouthpieces
Jazzsoul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trumpet was built by the German Yamaha Master-Builder Eddie Veit.

There is a very good review in comparison to the 8310Z on the german website trumpetscout.de

Just put it in Google translator and you got it!

http://trumpetscout.de/rc-vs-z-yamahas-commercial-trompete-gegen-die-neue-bobby-shew/
Yamaha 6310Z
Monke Rotary Valve
Couesnon Flugelhorn
Selmer Piccolo
Orban

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Yamaha itself, it is indeed an all-rounder.

A few Italian top trumpeters have also started using the 6335RC (but they are Yamaha endorsers).

I think it's weird that she's so cheap ... 1790 Euro.
I hope to order the trumpet in the fall if I don't get too many negative reviews.

Thank you all for your responses so far.
Hopefully more will come.
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orban wrote:
According to Yamaha itself, it is indeed an all-rounder.

A few Italian top trumpeters have also started using the 6335RC (but they are Yamaha endorsers).

I think it's weird that she's so cheap ... 1790 Euro.
I hope to order the trumpet in the fall if I don't get too many negative reviews.

Thank you all for your responses so far.
Hopefully more will come.

So here I come My old King seemed old and so did I so I thought how about a new trumpet? Tried a Bach 1 B Commercial for a year or so but found it too easy blown! Then stumbled upon this RC and found the horn for me! The resistance is exactly right for me, easy to blow, really helps you, wonderful register from bottom to top, "in tune with itself" and usable for all kinds of music, classic as well as big band (I use it for lead). Big warm tone with very good projection, a lot of bang for the bucks money wise as well as "effortwise".
But you must ad yourself into the equation! I mean, my previous Bach a superb horn but not for me!
Testing this horn I also tried a Yamaha LA, found that one having somewhat bigger tonal spectrum, but with me behind not that warm, also more demanding in terms of air etc. Plus a whole lot of more money.
See: https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/winds/trumpets/bb_trumpets/ytr-6335rc/index.html
Yamaha YCRD2330II
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Yamaha 6335 RC Schilke 14B
King Super 20 Symphony DB (1970)
Selmer Eb/D trumpet (1974)

Last edited by Seymor B Fudd on Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far. I've only seen it in lacquer over brass. Have not seen a silver plate or any other finish option.

Thomann has it listed for only $1600 US which seems to be either a mistake, or one hell of a deal.
Jazzsoul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyTX wrote:
So far. I've only seen it in lacquer over brass. Have not seen a silver plate or any other finish option.

There is no other finish option. You can get it only with the gold lacquer finish over gold brass.

Nils
Yamaha 6310Z
Monke Rotary Valve
Couesnon Flugelhorn
Selmer Piccolo
Orban

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed ... 6335RC only in lacquer.

Yamaha want keeping the price low??

Andrea Giuffredi --- Italian top trumpeter.
This is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14B4CWC3NTI
cgaiii
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orban,
Mellowed out my whole morning. Of course it is the player that makes the horn, not the horn that makes the player, but nice to hear this model in action! Nice sweet sound.
Bb Bugle: Kanstul
Bb Pocket: Manchester Brass
Flugel: Taylor Standard
Bass Trumpet: BAC Custom
Natural Tr: Custom Haas replica by Nikolai Mänttäri Morales
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by dstpt on Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dstpt wrote:
Ximo_molina wrote:
It is my main trumpet for all my work (shows, recordings, big band and even some classic) is an incredible instrument. a spectacular center, perfect tuning throughout the record, good sound. I had never had a Yamaha trumpet professionally, but I played a few notes with it and quickly took out my credit card

With this kind of report, and if you're in the market, it ought to be a no-brainer to buy one from Thomannmusic.com for a little over $1700 shipped to the U.S., have your own custom finish done for, say, $600-800, and still come out ahead of many of the Yamaha pro models, right?!

Thanks to a request by Yamaha, since about a year ago Thomann stopped shipping Yamaha instruments anywhere outside EU. If you try to add a Yamaha instrument to Thomann cart, you will see this message:
"We are quite disappointed with Yamaha for preventing us from shipping to your country of choice. Please consider products of a different manufacturer or switch to another delivery country."

The list of countries that Thomann cannot ship Yamaha instruments to includes USA, Canada and everywhere else outside of EU. Interestingly, you can ship a Yamaha from Thomann to Spain and the UK, but not to the Gibraltar. Go figure.

Last edited by etc-etc on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by dstpt on Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Vince.Green
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't appear that they are being sold in the US yet. Brasswind is only carrying the old 6335 model from what I can see (not the 6335RC)
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Yamaha 6335RC--New Model Reply with quote

I have an acquaintance that said they played on one in the Twin Cities a few weeks ago. If what you say is true the horn had to be used. I can't see Yamaha not selling them here if they have such positive reviews
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dstpt wrote:
etc-etc wrote:
...Thanks to a request by Yamaha, since about a year ago Thomann stopped shipping Yamaha instruments to Canada and USA. If you try to add a Yamaha instrument to Thomann cart, you will see this message:
"We are quite disappointed with Yamaha for preventing us from shipping to your country of choice. Please consider products of a different manufacturer or switch to another delivery country."

Ahh, interesting. So WWBW has it for ~$2060, or a little over $300 more than Thomann. Oh well, that still isn't too unreasonable a price for a pro commercial horn. Worth looking into at some point...

Be very careful, as of yesterday, WWBW had the 6335, but not the 6335RC. They are not the same horn. If you're interested in the one being discussed in this thread, that's not it.
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Yamaha 6335RC---New Model Reply with quote

thanks for that update. so, evidently, some people have them but you can't buy them? it still sounds like a great all around horn. I am still interested if something opens up please start a string in here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: