• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Another Thanks........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Converse
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kyle,

Reposting key threads from the archives has been a great way to re-launch this forum. Some of them I remember. But, somehow, one really important one slipped past me the first time.

The thread where you mention that the tongue should be wider than the teeth...................man, that's BIG. I found out that I was going for too thick and not wide enough. It hasn't corrected all my problems, but it sure has helped. Keep 'em coming.
Lex Grantham
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle:

Is this another way of saying spread the tongue from molar to molar?

Sincerely and thank you,

Lex Grantham
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About a year ago, Jerry told me that the single most common error SC students make is that they play with a tongue that is too small and narrow. They "peck" at the front of the mouth with mostly the tip of the tongue. What is really needed is a wide tongue that controls the air from one corner of the mouth all the way to the other. Because the corners sit a bit further out than the teeth, we say even wider than the teeth. Molar-to-molar can be a helpful way for some to think about it, but keep in mind, all of this is going on in the front of the mouth. Best regards, Kyle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: