• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Courtois 154r owners how to use air to not be stuffy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
improver
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Courtois 154r owners how to use air to not be stuffy? Reply with quote

Anyone who plays the 154r or like flugel do you feel its stuffy? Best way to blow it efficiently?
J-Walk
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Courtois 154r owners how to use air to not be stuffy? Reply with quote

improver wrote:
Anyone who plays the 154r or like flugel do you feel its stuffy? Best way to blow it efficiently?

I find it best to approach any flugel as its own instrument. Don’t blow it like a trumpet. I play a 154r and it only feels stuffy if I seriously overblow it. I also find that deeper flugelhorn mouthpieces help open up the feel and blow of a flugelhorn.
Adams A5
Larson Brasswerks “Reese” Model C
Schilke P5-4 picc
Courtois 154 flugel
A few mouthpieces that fit my face and horns
improver
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you feel like you have to that it doesn't take much air to be efficient and it seems on mine it really gets tight around A above staff C?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: