• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

National model cornet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zimmerlee1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: National model cornet Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out the age and possible manufacturer. It's a National model cornet Carl Fischer and has New York, NY on the bell. Also stamped on the lead pipe is Made in Italy. The serial number is 35368. The valves use a bottom spring if that's any help. It's in the original case and has a tag inside of the case "Bull's Head" with B C on the sides of the center logo. I was able to date the case made by Harptone Mfg. between 1928 and 1977. I know Carl Fischer didn't start making his own horns till around 1940 when he purchased
York. I played this horn when I was in Jr High and at that time it was obtained second hand by my father and that was 38 years ago. Any help would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: