• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Retail source for Hal Leonard big band charts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Retail source for Hal Leonard big band charts? Reply with quote

I have been out of the "legit" music publishing business for a while and need a current contact.

I need a good retail or internet source to purchase some charts, specifically the scores from "To the Edge" by Mark Taylor, publ. by Hal Leonard. (I can't purchase directly from Leonard.)

Any recommendations? Thanks.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
OldHorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Retail source for Hal Leonard big band charts? Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
I have been out of the "legit" music publishing business for a while and need a current contact.

I need a good retail or internet source to purchase some charts, specifically the scores from "To the Edge" by Mark Taylor, publ. by Hal Leonard. (I can't purchase directly from Leonard.)

Have you tried JW Pepper? They seem to have everything.

I used to work as an engraver for Hal Leonard, now for Alfred. I don't have any specific knowledge of Marks' charts, but I would say that if Pepper doesn't have it, it might be out of print.

Good luck.

JT
mafields627
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JW Pepper is my go to, but Stanton's Music is another good source.

No representation is made that the quality of this post is greater than the quality of that of any other poster. Oh, and get a teacher!
Arranger-Transcriber
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: To the Edge Reply with quote

ejazzlines.com should be able to get you the arrangement. Write them and you'll be sure to receive a response.

We feature our own Jazz Lines Publications catalog of historic charts and Walrus Music Publishing as well as the jazz catalogs of Hal Leonard, Alfred, Kendor, Lush Life, Really Good Music, and Sierra, and smaller publishers such as Lindley Park, Magnolia Music, 3-2 Music, Powerhouse Orchestrations, and Paul Baker Jazz, and dozens of others. We are truly the Global Source for Jazz.
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Retail source for Hal Leonard big band charts? Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:

Hal Leonard items are available through virtually any bricks and mortar and many online stores. Just ask at your local and they can order it in for you.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, folks, I'll give them a try.

Funny thing is that I've been through Sheet Music Plus, and Pepper's websites twice each now, and while they carry charts from the album of the same name, I can't find the "title" chart. Weird.

Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Arranger-Transcriber
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: "To the Edge" Reply with quote

Have you tried Mark Taylor himself? His address can be found on the album jacket.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did finally contact Mark. All is well. Thanks to everybody for your help.

Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: