• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

In-ear monitor systems...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: In-ear monitor systems... Reply with quote

So, one of the things I'm really digging about not playing live at all right now is not coming home with headaches and/or ringing ears from the high starting stage volumes and insane ending stage volumes at the end of a gig.

I don't know much about how to create a custom mix off a board for one of the many wireless IEM systems out there, but I want less of just about all the outputs, especially from those "More Me Syndrome" singers and their 1k watt wedges hosing everyone down behind them.

Sounds like now is a good time to look into this before things go back to a quasi-normal in a few months. How hard is it to get a reliable, clean wifi channel in a crowded venue with a lot of amps, lighting, etc. plus house wifi, etc.? Do sound guys freak out if you want to plug in your own IEM and cut a personal mix off the board? Etc.
Speed
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always wise to make friends with the sound engineer. Boards have gotten increasingly sophisticated. Frankly, it's been several years since I have worked with a band on a large stage that DIDN'T have a board that could easily send everybody a separate mix, with the ability to set my own mix through my iPhone. There's always the chance of a dropout here and there with IEMs, but I never had one that I perceived was related to a wifi issue.

Take care,
Marc Speed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: