• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Using Sight Reading Factory for drones in upper register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Using Sight Reading Factory for drones in upper register Reply with quote

I have used SRF for a while but it occurred to me the other day that I can customize exercises to give me whole and half note drones to practice tuning. I am finding it especially helpful in working on tuning above the staff.
Benson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting take on SRF. Have you tried the Tonal Energy app? It cost a few bucks, but you can set your drones to be in just fifths, thirds, whatever. Also, if you have an iPhone, you can use a blue tooth keyboard with the sustain feature to play tuned chords.
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Benson. I have used Tonal Energy to tune my band classes back before I retired, but I never thought about using if for drones. I'll give it a try.
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about using SRF that really bugs me is that every pitch has vibrato.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: