• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Can anybody tell me if this Buescher 10-22 is a good deal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samtg16123

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Can anybody tell me if this Buescher 10-22 is a good deal? Reply with quote

Im considering buying a Buescher 10-22 True Tone from 1923 for 75 dollars. I was wondering if anybody can tell me if that's a good deal or not. the seller says that all the slides and valves move freely.
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Can anybody tell me Reply with quote

Hello,
Welcome to the TH. Depends on what you are going to do with it. More than likely the valves leak and it will play like an old horn. If it has cool engraving and/or gold wash, then it might be neat to look at for $75. If you collect Bueschers, buy it.
samtg16123

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anybody tell me Reply with quote

Christian K. Peters wrote:
Hello,
Welcome to the TH. Depends on what you are going to do with it. More than likely the valves leak and it will play like an old horn. If it has cool engraving and/or gold wash, then it might be neat to look at for $75. If you collect Bueschers, buy it.

Im not looking to make it my main horn, I play on a Schilke which I really like. I was thinking of maybe buying just to mess around with it. Do you know how much these are typically worth?
austincustombrass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anybody tell me Reply with quote

samtg16123 wrote:
Hello,

Im not looking to make it my main horn, I play on a Schilke which I really like. I was thinking of maybe buying just to mess around with it. Do you know how much these are typically worth?

Those aren't worth too much. Maybe $3-400 if it's in great shape. They can be really fun and mine is definitely the brightest trumpet in my collection. Cuts through any PA system!
-T

It's a shame how far this forum has fallen. If you need us call 816-410-0826 or email.

Cool Links here:
https://linktr.ee/austincustombrass
samtg16123

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anybody tell me Reply with quote

austincustombrass wrote:
samtg16123 wrote:
Hello,

Those aren't worth too much. Maybe $3-400 if it's in great shape. They can be really fun and mine is definitely the brightest trumpet in my collection. Cuts through any PA system!
-T

Thank you !
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject: Buescher Reply with quote

Hello samtg,,
My Bb's are a B2 and an S33HD. My other Bb is an Olds Special. Late 40's. Now that one is a player
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you should know is that your mouthpiece may not fit the receiver of that instrument. Buescher was one of many manufacturers who had their own proprietary mouthpiece taper. If the horn comes w/an original mouthpiece, you'll see that.
https://yourbrass.com/
VetPsychWars
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourbrass wrote:
One thing you should know is that your mouthpiece may not fit the receiver of that instrument. Buescher was one of many manufacturers who had their own proprietary mouthpiece taper. If the horn comes w/an original mouthpiece, you'll see that.

Trent Austin sells modular pieces with that smaller shank being available.

10/22 is, nowadays, nothing special. It's not until you get to the larger-bore horns of the mid- to late-30s where the magic happens.

Tom
GR65M, GR65 Cor #1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: