• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cannonball 727 vs 725

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WildWilly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject: Cannonball 727 vs 725 Reply with quote

Have the opportunity to purchase either a 727 or 725 Cannonball trumpet. Was wondering if anyone had experience with either or both. I "think" the major difference is the country of manufacturer - 727 USA. 725 Germany. Only $200.00 difference in the selling prices. Any Cannoballers care to wade in?
Thanks.
Gretsch Pathfinder
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Cannonball 727 vs 725 Reply with quote

WildWilly wrote:
Have the opportunity to purchase either a 727 or 725 Cannonball trumpet. Was wondering if anyone had experience with either or both. I "think" the major difference is the country of manufacturer - 727 USA. 725 Germany. Only $200.00 difference in the selling prices. Any Cannoballers care to wade in?
Thanks.

You can compare the specs on the cannonball website. The are a few differences between them.

725 specs
727 specs

The main difference are the bell and bore sizes, which are slightly larger on the 727.
WildWilly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannonball 727 vs 725 Reply with quote

hibidogrulez wrote:
WildWilly wrote:
Thanks.

You can compare the specs on the cannonball website. The are a few differences between them.

725 specs
727 specs

The main difference are the bell and bore sizes, which are slightly larger on the 727.

Thanks for the info. Hoping to also get info on differences in sound, if any.
Gretsch Pathfinder
JonathanM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willy, I don't see a lot of difference between the two. The bell on the 527 is a tad larger, and it lacks the 'heavyweight receiver' that the 725 has. These are the primary differences that I see. I've always thought that a larger bell 'spread' the sound a bit more, maybe providing a bit more feedback (but a lot goes into feedback, too - really complex themes to be addressed so abruptly here).

I did want to say (not just because I have a 725 for sale in the Marketplace here [although this fact is interesting, isn't it?]), but the 725 I have is a really impressive player. When I first picked up the horn, I noted what a solid, well-balanced feel it has. I just played it a few minutes ago and I really find it to be an impressive player.

I had a Cannonball Lynx a few years ago, and I found it to be impressive as well. I'm convinced Cannonball puts out a really nice product. Let us know which one you get and how you like it after you've had it a while, ok? Good luck!
Puje: American Belle
Cornet: Olds Recording & Super
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildWilly wrote:
Hoping to also get info on differences in sound, if any.

Just for info, there was a thread a little while back that compared 2 very similar horns (Martin Committee Deluxe vs. Standard) and there were noticable differences. Your question's a good one and I too am curious about the answer.

On a sidenote, in another thread you've mentioned that you'd already ordered a 727. Did you change your mind?
WildWilly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibidogrulez wrote:
WildWilly wrote:
Hoping to also get info on differences in sound, if any.

Just for info, there was a thread a little while back that compared 2 very similar horns (Martin Committee Deluxe vs. Standard) and there were noticable differences. Your question's a good one and I too am curious about the answer.

On a sidenote, in another thread you've mentioned that you'd already ordered a 727. Did you change your mind?

Yes and no. The same store that I ordered the 727 from presented the option of a 725.
Gretsch Pathfinder
WildWilly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided on the 727-B and it was delivered this evening. It was love at first note. Thanks to everyone who responded.
Gretsch Pathfinder
JonathanM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! After you've played it a while, come back and tell us what you like best about it, any things that bother you... That's how we all learn.
Puje: American Belle
Cornet: Olds Recording & Super
WildWilly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonathanM wrote:
Congratulations! After you've played it a while, come back and tell us what you like best about it, any things that bother you... That's how we all learn.

Will do. Thanks.
Gretsch Pathfinder
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildWilly wrote:
Decided on the 727-B and it was delivered this evening. It was love at first note.

Not to mention the +2 epic points you get whenever you introduce yourself: "My name is Wild Willy and I play a Cannonball!"
WildWilly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibidogrulez wrote:
WildWilly wrote:
Decided on the 727-B and it was delivered this evening. It was love at first note.

Not to mention the +2 epic points you get whenever you introduce yourself: "My name is Wild Willy and I play a Cannonball!"

The real perk is I now own 2 Cannonbals . . . . trumpet @ alto sax.
Gretsch Pathfinder
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WildWilly wrote:
The real perk is I now own 2 Cannonbals . . . . trumpet @ alto sax.

Hehe, nice man!
Bryant Jordan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother has the 725, and I previously owned a 789 RL. Fantastic horns, especially for the price. Sorry I can’t give you an answer to your question (and I know it’s late haha), but know you can’t go wrong with a cannonball. My former teacher designed the newer 42 model and the flugel with wood bracing (made by Kanstul). Both are also great horns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: