• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lynn Nicholson L-Piece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deleted_user_a4a6e56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Lynn Nicholson L-Piece Reply with quote

Hi there!

Does anyone have experiences with Lynn Nicholson's L-Piece produced by James R. New? Would be great if you want to share them with me.

By the way - if you have one lying around at home - I am searching for one to try.

Thanks and all the best,
Markus
JVL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Markus,
since nobody jumped, even if i've no info to share, i'd suggest you to search the topics about Lynn's mpc and protocol.
From memory, seems to me it's been discussed
best
deleted_user_a4a6e56

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVL wrote:
hello Markus,
since nobody jumped, even if i've no info to share, i'd suggest you to search the topics about Lynn's mpc and protocol.
From memory, seems to me it's been discussed
best

Thanks a lot!
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using this piece for a little over 6 weeks. It is very comforTable to me and has a very easy cup transition. The mp has a minimum 1 step in range for me, I’ve been playing a wedge 64 shallow and a MF2 and would probably stay with wedge if they could duplicate the Lynn cup as I really like the rim config.. if I’m playing below low c the wedge is better, but above hi c the Lynn smokes if you don’t close your air . About the same time I got the piece I had to have a new top plate and I’m now upstream and as I learn about this I’m getting a lot more easy range (less difficult) BUT the difference in the Lynn piece is distinct. Maybe it just was a good fit, I like the width and have always preferred the sound of shallow funnel cups.
👍
Rod
Usedtobegood
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Lynn Nicholson L-Piece Reply with quote

trumpetfun wrote:
Hi there!

Does anyone have experiences with Lynn Nicholson's L-Piece produced by James R. New? Would be great if you want to share them with me.

By the way - if you have one lying around at home - I am searching for one to try.

Thanks and all the best,
Markus

Markus, I have an L Piece that is available. PM me here on TH
deleted_user_a4a6e56

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod Haney wrote:
I have been using this piece for a little over 6 weeks. It is very comforTable to me and has a very easy cup transition. The mp has a minimum 1 step in range for me, I’ve been playing a wedge 64 shallow and a MF2 and would probably stay with wedge if they could duplicate the Lynn cup as I really like the rim config.. if I’m playing below low c the wedge is better, but above hi c the Lynn smokes if you don’t close your air . About the same time I got the piece I had to have a new top plate and I’m now upstream and as I learn about this I’m getting a lot more easy range (less difficult) BUT the difference in the Lynn piece is distinct. Maybe it just was a good fit, I like the width and have always preferred the sound of shallow funnel cups.
👍
Rod

Hi Rod!

Thanks for your words. I wrote you an email!

Best,
Markus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: