• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Breslmair Mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaszloTrumpet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject: Breslmair Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Hi

I am looking for a great combination for me on breslmair mouthpieces. There are many options and it is too difficult to find the correct combination.

I always played on piston trumpets with bach 1/2 C

I want to find something similar in breslmair mouthpieces.

I have 12x rim and 112 rim, G2 Cup and bakdores G and 23.

I think that these rims are more or less similar to my old mouthpiece but i feel the cup and maybe the bakdore are too big for me.

Any advise?? somenoe know a lot about breslamir?

thanks
AJCarter
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What horn are you using the Breslmair piece on?
Ancientram

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Breslmair Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Your 112 rim should be about the same as the Bach 1-1/2. For more detailed info, Start here:

https://www.breslmairbrass.com/

From there, scroll down to the bottom of the page where there's a small photo of a bunch of trumpet mouthpieces. Immediately to the left of the photo, click on the last pick, Modular System. Once there, you can explore extensive info on their rims, cups, and shanks.

If you consult the Thomann web site (which I found with a simple Google search on Breslmair Trumpet Mouthpieces):

https://m.thomannmusic.com/breslmair_mouthpieces_for_trumpets.html

You'll find an extensive selection of Breslmair parts. If you look at enough of the shanks, you'll find some are available in both German and US outer tapers. Depending on which kind of horn you're playing this can make a difference in fit to your horn.

For what it's worth, I heard somewhere you can also order direct from Breslmair. If you communicate directly with them, they can probably answer specific questions. I think you'll find most Austrians in business are happy to help; they usually speak and write excellent English.

HTH,
Steve
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some of the highest quality pieces I've come across - the matchup between parts has been absolutely flawless (invisible) across about 5 of each part (so a lot of combinations!), something I can't say for many!

Since you already have rims you're happy with, I'd leave that alone (though at that time I was using 1-1/2C pieces and favoured the GT, great tim!).

I'd start with the G3C cup - based on a Mt Vernon 3c, this should have a little less cup volume.
This alone will change the feel, maybe enough but maybe not...

I liked the N backbore with the G3C cup on piston trumpets (if you want for rotary then I have no idea at all!!)
AJCarter
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKSop wrote:

I liked the N backbore with the G3C cup on piston trumpets (if you want for rotary then I have no idea at all!!)

For rotary the G2 cup and G backbore is the standard way to go. I have a 1CG2 which is their G2 model with a Bach 1C rim copy. Great sound and playability.

FWIW that link that was posted says the 23 and G should be somewhat similar in size.. perhaps shape is different?
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJCarter wrote:
TKSop wrote:

For rotary the G2 cup and G backbore is the standard way to go. I have a 1CG2 which is their G2 model with a Bach 1C rim copy. Great sound and playability.

FWIW that link that was posted says the 23 and G should be somewhat similar in size.. perhaps shape is different?

We're all different though, of course, so standard may not necessarily be perfect (I'd certainly agree it's where to start, though!).

I'm not sure how similar they are - most of Breslmair's backbores seemed huge to me, but still distinct... The shape can make all the difference, and then some backbores just seem to mate better with certain cups (I found this with warby stuff some years back, I might two backbores with a certain cup and not like the size in-between with it).

My guess would be that OP is talking piston trumpets but let's see...
LaszloTrumpet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is to use it on piston system, not german.

I am already playing 12x with G2 cup and 23 Bakdore and to play in orchesta it is a really big and good sound but to play others thinks like Tomassi, toneguer... as a solist ir really hard.

Maybe I could try G3 cuo or G3C I dont know exactly de diferent and with is the best backdore for each one.

Thanks
LarsHusum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breslmair actually does make a copy of a Bach 1-1/2C cup. It's called G12, and you can buy it from https://www.trumpetgear.net/

For backbore I would probably go with L, P, S or 3 backbore.
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first step ultimately is to get your hands on some parts that have a good chance of working.

Breslmair recommend the N backbore for piston trumpet playing, I can only agree that it was a good backbore for me on pistons.

IIRC the G3 is a slightly more "V" shaped cup than G3C - I much preferred G3C and if you're after a slightly more Bach-like feel (albeit still different) this is probably the one to try first IMHO.

Like anything mouthpiece related, you could go around in circles thinking about it... But nothing will bring answers into focus like getting hands-on with a sensible guess.
DJtpt31
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone make a copy of the Breslmair G2 mpc?
BLOWUP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a very fine Bach 1 1/2 copy available at Breslmair.
The Rim is called : B 1.5 C
Well done copy of an original 40 year old Bach Corp.

You can oder directly at Breslmair.
BLOWUP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have testplayed a lot of combinations.
For me the best is ,G2 cup with backbore 54 on Rotary, and backbore 3 on piston. Rim B 1.5 C is the closest to a regular 1 1/2 C .
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can mail or phone with Karl Breslmair. I suppose it's quite a small business so an answer can take some time just as is the case with Mark Curry.
He writes in English and I suppose he speaks it quite well and they make anything on order alone:

Karl Breslmair

Mobil: +43 (0)664 213 99 63

Karl.breslmair@aon.at

www.breslmairbrass.com

BTW, you found the secret, the Breslmair mouthpieces are outstanding.
Ricardito

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Breslmair Mouthpieces Reply with quote

LaszloTrumpet wrote:
Hi

I am looking for a great combination for me on breslmair mouthpieces. There are many options and it is too difficult to find the correct combination.

I always played on piston trumpets with bach 1/2 C

I want to find something similar in breslmair mouthpieces.

I have 12x rim and 112 rim, G2 Cup and bakdores G and 23.

I think that these rims are more or less similar to my old mouthpiece but i feel the cup and maybe the bakdore are too big for me.

Any advise?? somenoe know a lot about breslamir?

thanks

Hello, I can only speak thru my experience.

I normally play for piston trumpet a bach artisan 1C and for rotary a breslmair G2. I always felt the change of the rim, the bite, size and all... It was weird to change mouthpieces so I decided to put a copy of my 1C rim on it. I sent the piece to Matt Frost, I think he lives in WA. Anyways, he worked it and did a great job. Now that I play it it doesnt leave me a strange feeling. Of course, breslmair uses a different cup and backbore... but at least the rim feeling is the same.

I hope it helps.

Ric

-Otto Sauter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: