• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Silent Brass with Boss pedal

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGulyas
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

budstahl wrote:

Or maybe I will try to find a Vamp3 or something similar .......

You can use that, but it won't give you harmonies. That's a pedal/amp emulator. It'll certainly give you some interesting sounds, though!

John

US Navy Bandsman 1996-2010 (Trumpet; Audio Engineer)
Mpc - Kanstul/Monette B6, Hammond Design custom "JG"
Bb - Yamaha 6335HGSII
C - Eastman ETR530
Picc - NoName Chinese
budstahl
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JGulyas wrote:
budstahl wrote:

Thank you very much for helping me but I do not understand , headphone out from YSB into Iphone okay but then ? Headphones from usual port ?
Is the app instead of my Boss pedal ??
Ulf

Yes, headphone output into the iPhone via the charging port using a 3.5mm to Lightning adaptor. If you're just using an iPhone then you'll need an adaptor like these (https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Lightning-Splitter-Headphone-Compatible/dp/B07YZKBT1V/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Wesoo+Audio+%26+Charge+Adapter&qid=1580735900&sr=8-4) (https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-earphones-converter-Accessories-Compatible/dp/B082H9LH3Z/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1JMVW8V1AM3B3&keywords=3.5mm+to+lightning+adapter&qid=1580736068&sprefix=3.5mm+to+ligh%2Caps%2C237&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRFJQQktPRVQ5QkJWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTMwNTg2MTBMRVU5OUtHOUoyNSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzM0MTk3MjVLR0dQMVVUSlM5QSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=)

Yes, I'm suggesting you use the app instead of the Boss pedal as using the app would be the simplest way to accomplish what you want to do (as I'm understanding it).

Would Irig HD2 work ?
JGulyas
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

budstahl wrote:
Would Irig HD2 work ?

Possibly, but I'm not sure if the headphone output from the Silent Brass would have enough voltage to drive the 1/4" Guitar input that you'd plug into. You would also have to buy additional stomp boxes for the Amplitube app to get the harmony effects you're looking for, which I'm not even sure they make.

John

Bb - Yamaha 6335HGSII
C - Eastman ETR530
Picc - NoName Chinese
budstahl
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JGulyas wrote:
budstahl wrote:
Would Irig HD2 work ?

Possibly, but I'm not sure if the headphone output from the Silent Brass would have enough voltage to drive the 1/4" Guitar input that you'd plug into. You would also have to buy additional stomp boxes for the Amplitube app to get the harmony effects you're looking for, which I'm not even sure they make.

Okay ........
MikeyZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

Just an update. The Vamp3 is a discontinued/obsolete multieffects unit that can be bought online for $50 . But the best unit would be the Boss GT-1 ($300 plus your AC adapter $30 Plus taxes) this is cheapest you will find. What is the point of one pedal ($150) and power adapter $30 compared to 99 effects ($330).You decide. All the best.Keep Trumpeting.
My Gear: 1984 Yamaha Trumpet YTR6340ST #001152 with a curry 5Z.mpc.and 1921 C.G.Conn Wonder Vocal Cornet C/Bb/A (Williams Winnipeg Engraved on bell) with 14B4 mpc.
MikeyZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

Another update. I just saw a Line pod 6 for $180 on youtube. This might be what you need . It is been around for 20 years compared to the boss gt1 which is 3 year old technology. Quality wise I would go with the boss gt1. And get good headphones not cheap earbuds.
My Gear: 1984 Yamaha Trumpet YTR6340ST #001152 with a curry 5Z.mpc.and 1921 C.G.Conn Wonder Vocal Cornet C/Bb/A (Williams Winnipeg Engraved on bell) with 14B4 mpc.
budstahl
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

MikeyZ wrote:
Another update. I just saw a Line pod 6 for $180 on youtube. This might be what you need . It is been around for 20 years compared to the boss gt1 which is 3 year old technology. Quality wise I would go with the boss gt1. And get good headphones not cheap earbuds.

So , with the Boss GT-1 I can connect a cable from my silent brass to the GT-1 and then connect my earphones on the GT-1 ?
Ulf
budstahl
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

budstahl wrote:
MikeyZ wrote:

So , with the Boss GT-1 I can connect a cable from my silent brass to the GT-1 and then connect my earphones on the GT-1 ?
Ulf

And the GT-1 is all I need ? No guitar amp or anything else ?
Ulf
JGulyas
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

budstahl wrote:
budstahl wrote:
MikeyZ wrote:

Ulf

Ulf

Looks like you can do it. Run a 3.5mm cable (male to male) from the YSB module to the Aux In on the GT-1.

John

Bb - Yamaha 6335HGSII
C - Eastman ETR530
Picc - NoName Chinese
budstahl
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

JGulyas wrote:
budstahl wrote:
budstahl wrote:
MikeyZ wrote:

Ulf

Ulf

Looks like you can do it. Run a 3.5mm cable (male to male) from the YSB module to the Aux In on the GT-1.

And my earphones on GT-1 ? Are you sure this will work, cause It is much money if it does not work ?
Ulf
JGulyas
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

budstahl wrote:
JGulyas wrote:
budstahl wrote:
budstahl wrote:
MikeyZ wrote:

Ulf

Ulf

And my earphones on GT-1 ? Are you sure this will work, cause It is much money if it does not work ?
Ulf

Yes, your headphones will work from the GT-1 because it has its own headphone output.

John

Bb - Yamaha 6335HGSII
C - Eastman ETR530
Picc - NoName Chinese
MikeyZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

That is correct guys. Plug and play.Have fun.
budstahl
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

MikeyZ wrote:
That is correct guys. Plug and play.Have fun.

Does GT-1 have the " Boss pedal Harmonist " effects or something similar ?
Ulf
MikeyZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

Yes. Page 8 of the GT1 manual. Effects-harmonist and many more.
budstahl
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: silent brass with boss pedal Reply with quote

MikeyZ wrote:
Yes. Page 8 of the GT1 manual. Effects-harmonist and many more.

Thank you !
JoeKul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Yamaha SB7X-2 trumpet system, new May 2020. Controller is SILENT Brass STX-2 PERSONAL STUDIO. Older models may be different.

With headphone output to a mixer, I had the same problem as jocar37 described. I think the controller self-test wants to see output impedance of headphones, finds fault while driving high-impedance input of mixer, and disables sound output.

It works fine for me with stereo splitter cable, earbuds on one output (to fool controller), and adapter cord to input of next device. No amplifier needed on headphone signal.

This forum rocks. Thanks all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: