• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Who is going to ITG 2020?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm55
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: ITG, to go or not to go? Reply with quote

Tony Scodwell wrote:
I just read a very good bit of information from Taiwan. <deleted> If you can do that without coughing you should be OK.
Please don't give medical advice here. Especially misinformation.
'42 Selmer US
'90 Yamaha YTR6450S(C)
'12 Eastman ETR-540S (D/Eb)
'10 Carol CPT-300LR pkt
'89 Yamaha YCR2330S crnt
'13 CarolBrass CFL-6200-GSS-BG flg
Jabroni
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: NICE Reply with quote

astadler wrote:
No organizations are canceling events this far out. Most cancellations are through early-mid April. It doesn’t make any sense for them to cancel now without knowing how things will develop over the next two months.

Way to go JABONZO. I guess you have not been following the Scientific data. Keep moving.
astadler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: NICE Reply with quote

Jabroni wrote:
astadler wrote:
No organizations are canceling events this far out. Most cancellations are through early-mid April. It doesn’t make any sense for them to cancel now without knowing how things will develop over the next two months.

Way to go JABONZO. I guess you have not been following the Scientific data. Keep moving.

I’m not trying to say this isn’t serious, or that ITG shouldn’t eventually cancel. I don’t personally expect things to turn around quick enough for a conference like ITG to be held in late May. I’m just pointing out that just about every organization and conference that has been cancelled has done so through early-mid April, at which point they will reassess. Expecting ITG to make the call now, more than two months out, is absurd when no other organization is making similar decisions.

Also, I believe personal attacks and insults are against forum policy.
swthiel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzhorn04 wrote:
John Mohan wrote:
jazzhorn04 wrote:

Ohio native here. The governor just announced today that gatherings of more than 100 people in a single room are now banned until further notice.

Does this include movie theaters?

Personally, unless the virus has completely run its course and disappeared by May, I would not go. It's not just a matter of personal risk, I think it is socially irresponsible to take part in such a potential germ festival during a pandemic.

I would guess that “auditoriums” include movie theaters, but as far as I can tell it wasn’t specified.

The order mentions "theaters" explicitly.

The event is still on my calendar, since I don't yet know what the situation will be in May.
jazzhorn04
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swthiel wrote:
jazzhorn04 wrote:
John Mohan wrote:
jazzhorn04 wrote:

Ohio native here. The governor just announced today that gatherings of more than 100 people in a single room are now banned until further notice.

Does this include movie theaters?

Personally, unless the virus has completely run its course and disappeared by May, I would not go. It's not just a matter of personal risk, I think it is socially irresponsible to take part in such a potential germ festival during a pandemic.

I would guess that “auditoriums” include movie theaters, but as far as I can tell it wasn’t specified.

The order mentions "theaters" explicitly.

The event is still on my calendar, since I don't yet know what the situation will be in May.

Appreciate the link. It doesn't specify if that is movie theaters, live theaters, or all theaters. I'm assuming all just to be on the safe side
JetJaguar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ITG, to go or not to go? Reply with quote

mm55 wrote:
Tony Scodwell wrote:
I just read a very good bit of information from Taiwan. <deleted> If you can do that without coughing you should be OK.
Please don't give medical advice here. Especially misinformation.

It could be good for trumpet playing though
1938 Martin Handcraft Imperial #2 bore, 38 bell
Connstellation 7B-N mouthpiece

I'm looking for a Connstellation 5C-N or 5B-N mouthpiece

www.jazzscales.org

The Coady Strengthening Exercises: http://coady.coolwarm.com
austincustombrass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misinformation?

On TH?

never

It's a shame how far this forum has fallen. If you need us call 816-410-0826 or email.

Cool Links here:
https://linktr.ee/austincustombrass
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Trumpet misinformation? Reply with quote

When I referred to a test to self-check, I would hope the Stanford Medical Board who referred to Taiwan experts on this drill, might be a reliable source.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com
jazzhorn04
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Trumpet misinformation? Reply with quote

Tony Scodwell wrote:
When I referred to a test to self-check, I would hope the Stanford Medical Board who referred to Taiwan experts on this drill, might be a reliable source.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com

With all due respect, and for the sake of proper information being circulated...

Stanford Medical released a statement saying they had nothing to do with that. Whoever came up with that "study" put a professional sounding name on it so it would look legitimate, but Stanford Medical was not involved. The "breath holding method" has been denied and discredited by multiple healthcare professionals.
Geodude
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, one byproduct of living in this information age is that it is incredibly easy for inaccurate information to be spread widely and very quickly. It can be a nuisance, and it is certainly disheartening to have to do it, but checking sources is becoming a necessity. There are a number of sites that can assist with fact checking. I've generally relied on Snopes but there are a number of other as well. When in doubt, check it out.
jazzhorn04
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geodude wrote:
Sadly, one byproduct of living in this information age is that it is incredibly easy for inaccurate information to be spread widely and very quickly. It can be a nuisance, and it is certainly disheartening to have to do it, but checking sources is becoming a necessity. There are a number of sites that can assist with fact checking. I've generally relied on Snopes but there are a number of other as well. When in doubt, check it out.

Agreed! The document in question exploded when a celebrity tweeted it out without checking if it was credible information.
lexluther
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, even if the show goes on, attendance will probably take a hard hit. I feel for the vendors! Being from the midwest, I can drive there. I'm not sure how folks will feel about flying in though. Events in June are being canceled around here now! I guess we will see.
Flugel - Getzen Custom Reserve 4895
Eb/D - Yamaha 6610
Cornet - Bach Strad 184ML
multiphonic
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Trumpet misinformation? Reply with quote

Tony Scodwell wrote:

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com

The laugh test is often the most important test to apply. That 'self-check' didn't come anywhere close to passing.
Trptguy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how Professors of schools that were going to have trumpet ensembles at ITG Conference are handling this? Many schools, mine included are not shut down for on campus activities, rehearsals and classes for the semester. All travel is on halt for the College. We are doing everything remotely
www.balabrass.org
XO Artist
Moderators
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not the place to discuss coronavirus except maybe to say you are not attending because of it. No politics, no medical advice, no medical links, nothing. Just say no to discussing it on TH.

Only warning.

Thank you - Moderators
Mike Lockman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Itg Reply with quote

Sadly I just canceled my hotel reservation. These are desperate times. Love you all. Now go practice
swthiel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From ITG:
Quote:
The International Trumpet Guild appreciates the patience exhibited by everyone on learning the status of the our 2020 conference. Please understand that along with the current serious health crisis and concerns for the safety of everyone involved, there are also many important related aspects of the planning and administration of an international conference that must be considered before a decision can be made. We plan to make an announcement no later than Friday, March 27. That information will be emailed to all ITG members and Conference attendees, and posted on the ITG and Conference websites and social media platforms at that time.

We appreciate your support of ITG!

Grant Peters

President, International Trumpet Guild

tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderators wrote:
to say you are not attending because of it. Thanks you - Moderators

I am not attending because of it.
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Apology Reply with quote

I wish to apologize to all that know me to be a reliable source of trumpet information with my (it appears) bogus relaying of a self check. For sure I passed that along with the sole idea of perhaps helping us trumpet players survive these very trying times and for the future will submit only factual experiences from my career with the many musicians I've been fortunate to have worked along side.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com
Daniel Barenboim
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody.

DB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: