• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Brand Mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicWagon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Brand Mouthpieces Reply with quote

So like many trumpet players, I have vehemently disliked plastic mouthpieces throughout my career. Then a friend got me to try a Brand Mouthpiece ("Brand Mundstücke") from Switzerland. I have to admit, I was really impressed! The cup and rim were so much more comfortable, and the added booster replicated the projection effect of my Bach Megatone.

I can definitely see the benefit of Brand for marching band players.

As much as I now like Brand, it has still been a secondary mouthpiece to my Megatone. However, I have discovered incredible results with students who have orthodontic braces. I am talking about kids who otherwise might have quit in frustration after having received the "hydraulics," and metal palette plates. After months following installation of braces, these kids still could not make a sound despite all pedagogical techniques employed. I gave them a Brand to try with booster, and poof! They started playing as if they did not have braces.

First, I am wondering if anyone else has had positive results with Brand. Second, I have invested in a broad and varying inventory of new Brand mouthpieces. To avoid breaking any forum rules, I will place a separate ad in Marketplace regarding my thoughts on this inventory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: