• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Who manufactured my horn?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jcr3sto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: Who manufactured my horn? Reply with quote

I'm new to TH. And, i'm looking for help in identifying my new old horn. My understanding was that it was a Buescher True Tone. However, there are no brand markings on it. The only thing is "made in usa" on the bottom of the bell at rhe valve block. The serial number on the 2nd valve is 119925. If it is a Buesher then it's from 1922. Here's the description; 20 in long, 4.25 in bell, narrow wrap and a reverse wrap. The top and bottom valve caps look like Buescher as well as the finger buttonswith knurling, an adjustable main tuning slide stop, bell engravings are 3 vines (like ivy) running down the bell to the brace. So that's it. So if you have any ideas i would love to hear them
Thanks!
jjayf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll have much better luck if you can post a picture, lots of us can quickly ID a horns make from a pic, especially something American made in past 100 years...
60's Imperial
Olds Amb., studio, special (love that one)
50's Conn Director 18b coprion bell
40's King Liberty
Holten 22b Cornet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: