• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Esteban Batallan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Bubbles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Esteban Batallan Reply with quote

I did some digging and wanted to share just in case anyone is as curious as I was about what he's playing. A quote from a comment on his youtube channel, in a video of him playing the Mahler Blumine intro he said "On this recording I play a Yama-Bach customized for me. Yamaha Chicago 1st generation body, with a 229HG Bach bell. Mouthpiece is a Bach 1C 20-24 screw rim." I would love to try that horn!
bike&ed
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool design concept, it must the horn that makes Esteban play like Herseth, right? Kidding of course...
Aspeyrer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met up with him most recently in December. It’s possible he’s changed things or is experimenting, but this was what i was shown/told.

Current setup;
Bud’s (now Esteban’s) Mt Vernon with a Yamaha Chicago gen 2 pipe and slide
Bach 1C mouthpiece stock.

Pre-CSO setup;
Yamaha Chicago body (gen 1) with Bach 229G bell ( i don’t recall HG, but not exactly sure).
Not sure about mouthpiece. He mentioned experimenting a lot - many Bach 1 Cs with various throats and back bores.

Current Bb is a NY bronx Bach with a winans pipe (not sure the exact size, sorry)

If I have posted anything incorrect or not intended to be shared with the public i will gladly remove this post. But, he seemed very comfortable sharing his setups with me.
Mr. Batallan has been nothing but kind to me and his playing speaks for itself. Happy to have him in the US, we are lucky!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: