• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Hetman oil became Meinlschmidt ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best oil I have found for all my horns is Hetman No. 1. As of late, I have been unable to get it. I Tried the lightest weight Tromba (T1 I think) and the valves on my Schilke were noticeably more sluggish. And so the search begins. Any suggestions?
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adagio, I was just looking at it. Click on this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002E52GG/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis78 wrote:
...Blue Juice and a sticky first valve.

Those two things seem to together quite often... Hmm...
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
adagio, I was just looking at it. Click on this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002E52GG/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Thanks for the suggestion but with shipping, it works out to almost $10.00 a bottle unless I reactivate Amazon Prime, which I just cancelled. It's time to find an alternative.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adagiotrumpet wrote:
kehaulani wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion but with shipping, it works out to almost $10.00 a bottle unless I reactivate Amazon Prime, which I just cancelled. It's time to find an alternative.

If you ordered a hundred bottles to be all shipped at once the price per bottle would be less.
Shifty
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hetman oils are in stock here: https://www.samash.com/

If you order $50 worth, the shipping is free. Or, if you have a local store, have a smaller order shipped to the store at no charge.
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using Hetman's now for some time- #2 on my Schilke B3s, P54 and Eb, #1 on my Gen 1 Chicago C (Yam) and rotor oil on the 946 rotary. Afew days back I needed some oil on the B3L and what I wanted was in the cart trunk and it was about -10 outside so I used some Yamaha synthetic in a bottle I have laying around in the practice studio. Worked very well- considering giving it a try now for a while. The B3L is primarily a practice horn so I shouldn't run into ay problems should it somehow fail on me while playing.

When I bought my first Schilke trumpet from Ren way back in 1969 he swore by Al Cass and that's what I used. Over the years there seemed to be a change and I moved around to some others, including a green-tinted Getzen oil that seemed very good. (Talking maybe 30 years ago) When symphony horn player suggested I look into the Hetman line I did and never looked back. I am, however, open to other brands including Ultra Pure and Monster. Just never seem to see it when I need a new bottle, which is rare. After teaching 40+ years one does accumulate a lot of bottles of vaive oil and I have probably 10 bottles of the Yamaha synthetic stuff along with others so if it continues to work I'm probably set for this life and the next one, too. Still, I'll check on the Hetman's 1 and 2 next time I'm in the store. Good luck.
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
adagiotrumpet wrote:
kehaulani wrote:

If you ordered a hundred bottles to be all shipped at once the price per bottle would be less.

You know, that's a great idea. I'll just buy up what's left, hang on to it, and when it is completely unavailable, start selling it at a profit, a big profit.
jazzvuu
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a stash for a few year supply after reading this thread. I hope the European has the identical formula and sells to the US stores in the future. I tried several others but my favorite by far is Hetman. I used to the Yamaha synthetic and try the Ultra Pure but there is something about Hetman that makes the valve just few slick. With Ultra Pure and other brands, the valve did not stick but was not as slick in feel as Hetman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: