• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Went to a local pro for a lesson - confused and disappointed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert P
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaxoTrump wrote:
I've experimented with all kinds of possible "normal shapes" for a week - no tone. To avoid misinterpretation - I don't mean I go by the shape, it's just semantics. I engaged my top lip as it should be. Be it a simple M-shape or a Maggio lips pursed shape. I made my embouchure straight across, corners firm, etc. and experimented with various degrees of lips tensing up in that position.

I'm not talking about anything weird - trust me.

If your fundamental setting is flawed, which I believe it is, it doesn't matter how many "shapes" you try, you're going to have flawed results.

For whatever reason you've been resistant to addressing this but if your bottom lip is sucked in - which I think it is, nothing you do is going to remedy the problem until you fix that bottom lip setting.
Bundy
Chinese C

Getzen Eterna Bb/A piccolo
Chinese Rotary Bb/A piccolo

Chinese Flugel
rufflicks
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing, get the scar tissue removed. Been there done that, changed the game.

If you are stuck a a G top of staff then what you are doing is not working. A radical change might be in order. If your embouchure is the problem then this would be the place to start. It is all about mechanics. If they are not working then they need to be changed. This change might just feel awful… until it doesn’t. 10 years of reinforcing wrong is hard to stop. It has nothing to do with talent, it is a physical issue. I could spend 10 years trying to run fast… not going to happen. It is a physical issue.

Get surgery then don’t play for three months, Next find a teacher that has a beautiful embouchure, sound and approach. Charlie Porter comes to mind.

Best,

Jon

Remember this is supposed to be fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: