• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Sergei Nakariakov & AR Resonance - Amazing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bspickler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Sergei Nakariakov & AR Resonance - Amazing Reply with quote

I just came across this You Tube video. Maybe it's been posted on here before but I find it amazing. Sergei may have a stiff neck but his tonguing and chops are certainly fluid. The circular breathing is instructive and the tonal range of the horns is great. But can someone send him a bucket of paint for the Russian practice room walls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKrxbZuQ3BM
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stiff neck? I hope you jest. He had a significant back injury in his youth that ended his aspirations for being a concert pianist. He discovered that he could manage the trumpet in spite of the back injury. Now he's arguably the greatest trumpet player in the world.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Jaw04
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an amazing video, one that I keep going back to. BTW I think it's at AR Responance place in Italy not in Russia.
nick8801
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's incredible and I really like the colors he gets on the AR stuff. If I was rich I'd get one of those horns in a heartbeat!
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaw04 wrote:
That is an amazing video, one that I keep going back to. BTW I think it's at AR Responance place in Italy not in Russia.

Antonio (Tony) Rapacciuolo makes the AR Resonance trumpets/flugels, and his shop is in northern Italy. Sergei N. has started playing Tony's horns over the past few months. All of Tony's horns are made with a MAW valve block, and you'll see in his website pictures that he uses phosphor bronze and nickel silver as his main components with only minimal usage of traditional brass. He and artists have commented on the extras in the tonal spectrum that bronze and nickel present over brass.

https://www.arresonance.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: