• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

From the Safety of My Practice Room

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrClean wrote:
Thank you.

We should thank you Jim! You have truly been so inspiring helping us to make it through this long tunnel, seemingly with no end; at least here in Sweden the light at the end was at many a time the train coming....
But now, very conveniently in harmony with summer´s coming up, the passage seems to be done, this time..
For me personally I´ve come to realize that the singing, dolce, soulful delicate quality in your sound, is exactly what I´ve striven for during my entire playing life. Having played since 1957 it´s a true blessing having found
a " live example". In my heart I´m a dedicated 'brassbander' the cornet always was my first love. When I began playing in big bands 50 years ago some people wished that I played more "dirty" as one of my bigband buddies put it. I understand that he wanted me to fill the horn, use every opportunity to highlite the differences between the cornet and the trumpet. So I did - but I fail to see why you shouldn´t keep your personal voice.
So - in all thanks a lot - not only for the music but also for the funny and entertaining ways of presenting it!
Yamaha YCRD2330II
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Yamaha 6335 RC Schilke 14B
King Super 20 Symphony DB (1970)
Selmer Eb/D trumpet (1974)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56
Page 56 of 56

Jump to: