• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

I tried a total of 12 trumpets today, decided to purchase th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_swthiel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spawn,

I don't know if you noticed, but I have a thread on "Auditioning New Horns" in the Horns forum.
http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=15225&forum=7&9

I tried both the Chicago MLP and the WB at PiCK and ended up with the Chicago ... both were fine horns, but I like the way I sounded on the Chicago -- it will be a great complement to my Bach. I also tried a horn with a .470 bore (not a Chicago), it was waaay to big for me. I could get lots of sound, but I'd be dying by the end of the first set if I tried to use it at a gig! Both the horns you are trying out are excellent and I really enjoyed working with PC.

Let us know what you choose!

Steve

Matthew 25:31-46
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been preaching Kanstul horns for several years and it appears they are getting more and more recognition all the time. I own 4 Callets (2/Bb, 1/C, and 1 Flug) that Kanstul did much of work on plus a Besson and a Kanstul picc that Zig did all the work on. And, I've owned or tried a whole bunch more. The work is always very, very consistent. The Chicago is a great, truly tested design, hard to beat. And, Priscilla will take care of you nicely. Best regards, Kyle
Spawn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://kisielka.com/My%20Axe.htm
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spawn, nice site. How 'bout some pictures of your actual horn? (I think that Kanstul could use an upgrade of their pics).

Dave
Spawn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it has not been completed yet. I have a digital camera, and plan to take "Zeus type" pictures when I get both horns to try out. (Chicago 1001 & WB ZKT 1600)

I'll take the photo's outside, place the horns carfully on some padded blue velvet, and take good, clear close-ups and crop appropriately. Valves, slides, water key, you name it. I'll create a webpage on my site for the pictures. I'll have thumbnails you can click on for larger views.

I plan to e-mail the webpage link to Priscilla as well as Jack Kanstul, so if they like them, they are free to use them. Of course anyone can right click/save as.

I may even try to make 2 wallpapers and possibly get a friend to make an animated GIF.
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ideas. Thanks for your sharing. Looking forward to the photos.

Taking the pictures is REALLY hard to get right without studio equipment. I agree that a good back-drape is a key when you don't have studio lighting available.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: