• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Range Practice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bassoontyphoon

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject: Range Practice Reply with quote

I have heard that you can't play high unless you can play low. I have practiced long tones on every note that is comfortable for me to play. Low F# to 4th line D for about the past month. I see no progress what so ever in my range and it gets very frustrating. How long before I can play a "Beginner Exercise" in Arban? The 5th exercise goes to an E, then F in the 6th and G in the 9th... do I just practice the first 4 exercises for the next year? It's not a concept that I understand that much because you can sit someone down with a Bassoon and put their fingers in the correct position and eventually they can play the highest note with maybe a few tries. What can I do because these "beginner exercises" are frustrating? Should I rest a few days because maybe my embouchure is so worn out going from 14 years of Bassoon to 1 month of trumpet? Maybe I'm pushing myself too hard? I get wore out after maybe 30 minutes of playing... and it's not even hard stuff that I'm practicing. Thanks in Advance.
Bill_Bumps
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Range Practice Reply with quote

Bassoontyphoon wrote:
I have heard that you can't play high unless you can play low.

Not sure where you heard that. I've never noticed such an effect. My experience is that increasing one's range comes from practicing a lot.
Tpt_Guy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's necessary to practice skills and techniques you haven't mastered in order to improve. If you never work on what you're unable to do, you'll never grow as a player.

The idea is to not neglect an aspect of your playing in favor of another.

Over-emphasizing the upper register could be very destructive of the low register. With the right approach, a very solid low register can help ensure a fuller upper register sound.

"A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence."
-Bruce Lee
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to minimize your frustrations is to work with a teacher. You obviously don't need help learning music given your 14 years of experience with the bassoon, but you probably need help learning trumpet.

As an aside, Arban's method contains a wealth of outstanding practice material -- it is widely used for good reason -- but isn't ideal for an absolute beginner as the range of many of the exercises advances too quickly.

You'd probably be better served by using "My First Arban" or David Hickman's "100 Progressive Lessons." You could couple that with Claude Gordon's "Physical Approach to Elementary Brass Playing" to help you develop your range.

Another option would be comprehensive method such as Harold "Pappy" Mitchell's "Mitchell on Trumpet" or Bill Knevitt's "Getting Started Right on Trumpet" (followed by Knevitt's "The Developing Trumpet Player").

A teacher could help you sort out what/how to practice to best meet your needs.

Good luck!
Eliot
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW

From one amateur to another, take a look at this video clip. You will need to invest a wee bit of time to get through the whole clip.

I found his warm up exercises helpful. By going the half tones through the range of the trumpet you may find that gradually you will increase your range. That's been my experience, and I haven't been too worried about range, but the increase in range for me, is a bonus.

The other area I consistently practise is scales, one octave at a time going chromatically from F# below the staff to as high as I can comfortably go, usually to A above the staff, sometimes higher, major and minor scales.

Keep trying. If no joy with the above, find a teacher for maybe only one lesson to check out and advise on your embouchure.
B&S 150A Alto-Tenor Horn
Yamaha FZ8n (motorcycle)
Conn 83B (trumpet)
gwood66
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have heard that you can't play high unless you can play low."

Depending on where you heard that saying, it could be referring to two things. The first is that a trumpet player need to build solid fundamentals in the lower registers of the horn before attempting to move above the staff and play those notes. The second is in reference to pedal tones (notes played below low F#). Several prominent methods/teachers advocate that practicing pedal tones with strict form can improve playing in the upper register. This is mainly due to the lip set, relaxation and control of air needed to produce these notes. My personal experience is that both of these are true.

If you are just playing long tones alone, it could be making you stiff and adding to your issues. Rather than practicing single note long tones by I would recommend practicing "moving long tones" such as Clarke Technical Studies. Start on an exercise (#1) in the middle of your range and spider outward by play the exercise a half step higher and then a half step lower and continuing this until you reach your limit on both ends. Start by playing them at a comfortable volume and focus on keeping steady air flow as you would for a long tone.

I would also recommend buying a lip slur book. You could initially start with Embouchure Builder by Lowell Little and graduate to Irons 27 groups after a couple of months. Lips slurs will keep you flexible and improve embouchure coordination.

Lastly, when it comes to practicing the trumpet you should rest as much as you play. This means removing the mouthpiece from you lips between lines/exercises and waiting the same number of beats before playing the next line. This allow you lips to stay fresh while practicing. The minute you feel your mechanics starting to get out of wack due to fatigue you should stops and rest for as long as it takes for your lips to feel fresh again.

After a couple of months, when you start to get a handle on you normal register, you could add in some lip bends or pedal tones.
Beyond16
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's completely normal to see no high range improvement after a month or two. Playing a horn is a very unnatural thing to do in terms of lip strength, in my beginner opinion. I have been practicing nearly a year and finally I notice a definite, but not huge, improvement.
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Range Practice Reply with quote

Bassoontyphoon wrote:
... How long before I can play a "Beginner Exercise" in Arban? The 5th exercise goes to an E, then F in the 6th and G in the 9th...

---------------------------------------
There are Arban's 'beginning exercises', but there really isn't a section in Arban's for BEGINNERS. The Arban's book is typically used after a player has developed basic trumpet skills and ability.

Perhaps get a true beginner's trumpet method book that contains playable tunes within your current range - perhaps going to the F or G above the staff. Or use any song book that seems appropriate.

A critical aspect of trumpet embouchure is that the player must create and form the 'reed' (lips) into the configuration to produce the pitch. The acoustics of the trumpet help to maintain the pitch AFTER the player has created it in the mouthpiece.
The embouchure 'creation and forming' demands good embouchure basic principles, muscle strength, and coordination.

Jay
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
krell1960
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Range Practice Reply with quote

Bassoontyphoon wrote:
I have heard that you can't play high unless you can play low. I have practiced long tones on every note that is comfortable for me to play. Low F# to 4th line D for about the past month. I see no progress what so ever in my range and it gets very frustrating. How long before I can play a "Beginner Exercise" in Arban? The 5th exercise goes to an E, then F in the 6th and G in the 9th... do I just practice the first 4 exercises for the next year? It's not a concept that I understand that much because you can sit someone down with a Bassoon and put their fingers in the correct position and eventually they can play the highest note with maybe a few tries. What can I do because these "beginner exercises" are frustrating? Should I rest a few days because maybe my embouchure is so worn out going from 14 years of Bassoon to 1 month of trumpet? Maybe I'm pushing myself too hard? I get wore out after maybe 30 minutes of playing... and it's not even hard stuff that I'm practicing. Thanks in Advance.

A month is not a long time, but it is a waste of time if your not doing things correctly. Fundamentals of trumpet are not like Bassoon. The basic motor skills are not remotely close. Getting a teacher which has been discussed would help, but you can do this on your own. You need a plan and a direction. Each school that is listed here on the forums will work.
I prefer the Bill Adam school. Especially learning to lead pipe play. check out the videos on youtube that discuss Bill adam and "his routine", there isn't just one BTW, also check out Greg spence videos on lead pipe playing. When you can get this simple exercise down, lead pipe buzzing, you'll be shocked at how fast you can progress sound wise, It's about tension, or lack there of.
I'll probably get fried for posting a message like this but it simply can be done, because i did it and i'm nothing special with gifts that you don't have. You have them too, we all do, learn to vibrate that leadpipe and the doors will open.

best of luck,

tom
Bassoontyphoon

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Range Practice Reply with quote

Tom,

I tried the Lead Pipe Buzzing and the guy went from G in staff to Middle C so I attempted it, and C won't even come out no matter how hard I try. So I guess if I can't get a C out in the leadpipe, then there is something wrong with my embouchure and buzzing, It was a cool exercise to see what the problem was... so now I have to figure out how to fix it. Haha thanks!

Also, I have no idea how to quote little segments of someone's reply so I hope you see that I have replied to your comment.

Tyler
Lionel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Range Practice Reply with quote

Bassoontyphoon wrote:

Just as a reference I highly recommend that you read the book,
"The Stevens-Costello Triple C Embouchure Technique, Embouchure Trouble & Self Analysis" 2nd edition published 2005.
Edited by Dr William Moriarty.

Charles Colin publishing has the book. I've purchased two this year so far. Ask for "Allan Colin" (845) 648-6880

I spoke to Dr Moriarty, editor of both editions of the Stevens-Costello book on the phone a few weeks ago. First time we'd ever spoken. He is in my opinion the single most knowledgeable person on planet Earth when it comes to embouchure.

He and I talked about the Stevens-Costello method of course. And about the raw deal that Roy Stevens got from many in the trumpet world. Usually from those who teach the "evolutionary system". Let's call that "E/S" for short. E/S is how all of us were originally taught. All except those who studied with Roy or his predecessor William Costello. In E/S we're taught to place the mouthpiece on our lips in the first way that we can make a tone. Any tone that is. It's usually one in the lower or middle register. Little to no regard is made to understanding whether our initial embouchure setting and placement is capable of playing the complete range of the instrument. In fact most teachers of trumpet do not know what the complete range of the instrument is. Most will just describe those with great upper registers as just being gifted. No though ever put into whether their program of teaching is remiss.

Dr Moriarty describes this as if a teacher gave a beginning student to the clarinet the instrument and then told the kid,

"Just place the reed, ligature and the mouthpiece on the instrument in whatever way tha feels most comfortable to you".

See how wrong this would be? No? Well allow me to elaborate.

A reed instrument such as a clarinet is complete almost in and of itself. Once the mouthpiece and reed are properly assembled. Granted that you will see that some kind of embouchure must get developed but compared to the trumpet? Heck a clarinet is virtually complete. Even those pure beginners start playing G above high C within their first few weeks of study. However we see few trumpet players who ever learn to blow a G/High C. And hardly ever do they start playing that note from the very beginning.

However in the Stevens-Costello system they do learn to blow G/High C RIGHT FROM THE FIRST LESSON!!!.

The reason for learning this high note (and even ones considerably) higher) is because the production of these notes indicates to the teacher that the student has formed the embouchure correctly. As there's no way that the kid has aligned the teeth, jaw, lips correctly if he can not play G/High C.

Stevens-Costello just had the beginners learn to squeak these little high notes. Roy Stevens called these wispy high notes, 'statics" or "cyclonics". They're usually hard to control at first but over time the student brings these tones gradually down to the tuning note concert B flat. Just so long as the embouchure continues to follow the Stevens guidelines the student learns to develop the full range of the instrument.

Be advised that Stevens-Costello initially can be more difficult to learn. This is because any idiot can learn the E/S approach. Low notes are EASY to play on the trumpet because they require so little embouchure development. However except in rare cases those who follow the evolutionary approach will actually learn to play the complete range of the instrument.

If I sound like an expert I apologize. Back in my younger days I had fully adopted the evolutionary system. Being luckier than most I never the less developed a solid G/High C. And yet I had some serious problems with my chops. Sure I had the G but I COULDN'T PLAY EVEN ONE NOTE HIGHER. Not without practically killing myself. My fellow musicians and those in the audience would often be amused at how red my face turned. This was because by learning to play incorrectly my lips would always cut-off the air through the instrument once I ascended to high G. And let me tell you, blowing that high G was exhausting in and of itsel

Conversely since switching over to the Stevens system just this past November I can honestly say that compared to the way I used to play? The notes above high C are easy to play. Though at first I could only squeak these tones? The more that I practice the bigger the sound is.

And I don't have a cut-off point!! Or at least not one of serious significance. And as my chops develop? My ceiling rises. Currently I can usually blow a double C or at least a piece of one even on a bad day.

I always play worse in the am hours. So on some mornings I just can't get the blood to circulate so well in the morning. Thus my upper lip is less resonant. At these times I might struggle to get a B flat below double C. However by the evening hours my lips feel looser and more able to vibrate. It is at these times when I'm usually able to at least slide up to F or G ABOVE double C.

And all of this on just a pair of chops that only began playing this way in earnest last November of 2019.

Suggestion: buy the book! And search "the Roy Stevens Tribute Page" while you're online. Watch all the videos. Most display the now retired lead player Roy Roman (not to be confused with his former teacher the late Roy Stevens) playing crucial exercises in the Stevens-Costello method. The last video however features a discussion by Dr Moriarty where he explains the conditions necessary to make this embouchure work.

Almost done! Although the Stevens system did have some noted failures I truly believe that these were caused by the Stevens-Costello embouchure being far too strong to be able to use mouthpieces with standard sized rims. The cup depths in stock mouthpieces are alright but I had to build myself a customized piece with an inner rim dimension about 18% larger than most regular pieces. To give you an idea? The mouthpiece
I used for many years playing lead had an inner rim dimension a hair smaller than a US dime. Whereas on my customized piece? A nickel fits inside.

And it works! It really does. For the first time in years I start my day looking forward to playing trumpet again. All this and on an embouchure that's not quite even six months old!!! My signature should read "The Sky is the Limit".

Carl Spackler (aka Bill Murray, 1980).
Bassoontyphoon

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Range Practice Reply with quote

Lionel wrote:
Bassoontyphoon wrote:

Just as a reference I highly recommend that you read the book,
"The Stevens-Costello Triple C Embouchure Technique, Embouchure Trouble & Self Analysis" 2nd edition published 2005.
Edited by Dr William Moriarty.

Charles Colin publishing has the book. I've purchased two this year so far. Ask for "Allan Colin" (845) 648-6880

I spoke to Dr Moriarty, editor of both editions of the Stevens-Costello book on the phone a few weeks ago. First time we'd ever spoken. He is in my opinion the single most knowledgeable person on planet Earth when it comes to embouchure.

He and I talked about the Stevens-Costello method of course. And about the raw deal that Roy Stevens got from many in the trumpet world. Usually from those who teach the "evolutionary system". Let's call that "E/S" for short. E/S is how all of us were originally taught. All except those who studied with Roy or his predecessor William Costello. In E/S we're taught to place the mouthpiece on our lips in the first way that we can make a tone. Any tone that is. It's usually one in the lower or middle register. Little to no regard is made to understanding whether our initial embouchure setting and placement is capable of playing the complete range of the instrument. In fact most teachers of trumpet do not know what the complete range of the instrument is. Most will just describe those with great upper registers as just being gifted. No though ever put into whether their program of teaching is remiss.

Dr Moriarty describes this as if a teacher gave a beginning student to the clarinet the instrument and then told the kid,

"Just place the reed, ligature and the mouthpiece on the instrument in whatever way tha feels most comfortable to you".

See how wrong this would be? No? Well allow me to elaborate.

A reed instrument such as a clarinet is complete almost in and of itself. Once the mouthpiece and reed are properly assembled. Granted that you will see that some kind of embouchure must get developed but compared to the trumpet? Heck a clarinet is virtually complete. Even those pure beginners start playing G above high C within their first few weeks of study. However we see few trumpet players who ever learn to blow a G/High C. And hardly ever do they start playing that note from the very beginning.

However in the Stevens-Costello system they do learn to blow G/High C RIGHT FROM THE FIRST LESSON!!!.

The reason for learning this high note (and even ones considerably) higher) is because the production of these notes indicates to the teacher that the student has formed the embouchure correctly. As there's no way that the kid has aligned the teeth, jaw, lips correctly if he can not play G/High C.

Stevens-Costello just had the beginners learn to squeak these little high notes. Roy Stevens called these wispy high notes, 'statics" or "cyclonics". They're usually hard to control at first but over time the student brings these tones gradually down to the tuning note concert B flat. Just so long as the embouchure continues to follow the Stevens guidelines the student learns to develop the full range of the instrument.

Be advised that Stevens-Costello initially can be more difficult to learn. This is because any idiot can learn the E/S approach. Low notes are EASY to play on the trumpet because they require so little embouchure development. However except in rare cases those who follow the evolutionary approach will actually learn to play the complete range of the instrument.

If I sound like an expert I apologize. Back in my younger days I had fully adopted the evolutionary system. Being luckier than most I never the less developed a solid G/High C. And yet I had some serious problems with my chops. Sure I had the G but I COULDN'T PLAY EVEN ONE NOTE HIGHER. Not without practically killing myself. My fellow musicians and those in the audience would often be amused at how red my face turned. This was because by learning to play incorrectly my lips would always cut-off the air through the instrument once I ascended to high G. And let me tell you, blowing that high G was exhausting in and of itsel

Conversely since switching over to the Stevens system just this past November I can honestly say that compared to the way I used to play? The notes above high C are easy to play. Though at first I could only squeak these tones? The more that I practice the bigger the sound is.

And I don't have a cut-off point!! Or at least not one of serious significance. And as my chops develop? My ceiling rises. Currently I can usually blow a double C or at least a piece of one even on a bad day.

I always play worse in the am hours. So on some mornings I just can't get the blood to circulate so well in the morning. Thus my upper lip is less resonant. At these times I might struggle to get a B flat below double C. However by the evening hours my lips feel looser and more able to vibrate. It is at these times when I'm usually able to at least slide up to F or G ABOVE double C.

And all of this on just a pair of chops that only began playing this way in earnest last November of 2019.

Suggestion: buy the book! And search "the Roy Stevens Tribute Page" while you're online. Watch all the videos. Most display the now retired lead player Roy Roman (not to be confused with his former teacher the late Roy Stevens) playing crucial exercises in the Stevens-Costello method. The last video however features a discussion by Dr Moriarty where he explains the conditions necessary to make this embouchure work.

Almost done! Although the Stevens system did have some noted failures I truly believe that these were caused by the Stevens-Costello embouchure being far too strong to be able to use mouthpieces with standard sized rims. The cup depths in stock mouthpieces are alright but I had to build myself a customized piece with an inner rim dimension about 18% larger than most regular pieces. To give you an idea? The mouthpiece
I used for many years playing lead had an inner rim dimension a hair smaller than a US dime. Whereas on my customized piece? A nickel fits inside.

And it works! It really does. For the first time in years I start my day looking forward to playing trumpet again. All this and on an embouchure that's not quite even six months old!!! My signature should read "The Sky is the Limit".

I just found a PDF about holding the trumpet flat on your palm and it had a few embouchure exercises that involved frowning and blowing air. I was able to get a high C but of course it was just a "static squeaky noise". Good grief my my jaw and cheeks hurt after that. I have an overbite so the whole "bringing the jaw forward" was really messing with me. Maybe that's my problem.. because of an overbite my airflow is always facing down so I wasn't able to play higher until I brought my jaw forward? Interesting stuff. This makes the Bassoon seem like the easiest instrument.
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Range Practice Reply with quote

Bassoontyphoon wrote:
[... I have an overbite so the whole "bringing the jaw forward" was really messing with me. Maybe that's my problem.. because of an overbite my airflow is always facing down so I wasn't able to play higher until I brought my jaw forward? ...

-----------------------------------------------------
The details about jaw position and usage vary depending on the 'method' and the way it is explained or demonstrated.

I think the important consideration is to have control of the jaw and learning how using it affects lip pressure and ability of the upper lip to vibrate.
For me (with a typical overbite), the actual distance of forward jaw movement isn't much, but I do vary the amount of FORWARD pressure I exert with my bottom teeth and lip against the rim.
I don't attempt to PULL the rim backward against my lip, nor to tilt the horn.
(yes I know that seems like a vague way of explaining it, but written/verbal descriptions seem to be troublesome regarding the embouchure).

I do that to adjust the balance and amount of rim pressure between upper and lower lips.
Higher pitches have more rim pressure transferred from the upper lip to the lower - allowing the upper lip more freedom to vibrate.

Jay
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
Lionel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Stevens used to speak of those students he worked with who because of their physiology couldn't push their jaw forward so that their lower teeth went past their uppers. He described this as a possible disadvantage.

My problems with playing on a receded jaw embouchure wasn't that I couldn't push my jaw out. Rather I'd just been playing so long on the receded jaw formation and had so many commitments to keep playing that way that I never had the time to make the full conversion over to the forward jaw embouchure. I did however gain much from adopting the two aperture theory on my receded jaw chops. OMG did that ever make a difference! Almost overnight I stopped having endurance and power problems on my chops. Also within a few weeks after adopting the two aperture theory I stopped needing to reset my chops while ascending. This is a very important correction. As with certain types of music there isn't the time to reset the embouchure in order to continue the phrase.

Another thing that prevented me from converting completely over to Stevens-Costello was something I had to figure out for myself. That was that the Stevens-Costello embouchure is too powerful to be used on normal sized mouthpiece inner rim dimensions. Wow this took me a long time to figure out. In fact I had to learn to operate my own metal lathe and start fabricating my own mouthpieces until I found a suze that finally fit.

Even Roy Roman used large mouthpieces and he was the poster boy for the whole system. I have it on good authority that Roman used a mouthpiece rim comparable to a Bach 1C. Pretty doggone large considering how unbelievably high he could play. Before retiring after a long career on lead trumpet Roy Roman could play double C's all day long.

His mentor of course was Roy Stevens who could usually play up to a Quad C and even higher depending upon the kind of shape he was in. And yet regardless of this and his numerous powerful students Roy was often put down by the rest of the trumpet world. I think that this was due to two reasons. One most teachers are what I call overly invested in some form of the Evolutionary Approach. After all low notes are much easier for the beginner to develop. Unfortunately those who choose to play this way from the very beginning tend to have serious range limitations. Like all of us have or had.

The other reason was because Stevens didn't understand that some trumpet players who convert over to his system will find that stock mouthpiece inner rim dimensions are far too small to get best advantage out of this powerful embouchure.

Carl Spackler (aka Bill Murray, 1980).
krell1960
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Range Practice Reply with quote

Bassoontyphoon wrote:
Tom,

I tried the Lead Pipe Buzzing and the guy went from G in staff to Middle C so I attempted it, and C won't even come out no matter how hard I try. So I guess if I can't get a C out in the leadpipe, then there is something wrong with my embouchure and buzzing, It was a cool exercise to see what the problem was... so now I have to figure out how to fix it. Haha thanks!

Also, I have no idea how to quote little segments of someone's reply so I hope you see that I have replied to your comment.

Tyler

Hey Tyler,
The Bill Adam leadpipe buzzing is only a way to feel the sensation of what the lips do when reacting to air and the vibration that the pipe creates. also it does not use any other notes except the pitch that naturally forms in the leadpipe, which is in the area of a concert Eb, and is just a warm up before starting longtones or ascending scales. Matt Anklan who is a TH poster has a great website with sound files on it. Give them a listen. There are people out there Like Javier Gonzales who do incredible things with just the leadpipe but that is much too advanced for you at this point. I start every day before i make any notes with Lead pipe. I have a slightly different approach then the traditional Adam way. I start by just blowing air through the mouthpiece like a peashooter, after forming my lips in a relaxed "M" postion, after a minute of that i then start with the mouthpiece out of the pipe blowing air and then insert it into the pipe while keeping the air moving, the buzz should just click into place if i have my lips and air working, then after a few tries at that i leave the mouthpiece in the pipe and blow air in a few times creating the pitch. My lips feel very loose and relaxed , almost have a tingle too them after this and i start my modified routine.
I try to keep that same feeling of relaxed fresh tingly lips through my routine. Resting often.
So basically all the notes "feel" the same to me when i am diligent with this Startup whenever i start to play.
Greg spence demostrates similar lead pipe stuff in one of his videos.
Check out the Adam Forum here for correct Adam approach.

You'll get it, and when you "feel" it , i suspect a lightbulb will go off.

hope all this isn't too vague, best of luck.

Tom

https://www.matthewanklan.com/practice-with-a-pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: