• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

CSO Musicians, Muti Contemplate What is Next?Batallan Quoted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexwill
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: CSO Musicians, Muti Contemplate What is Next?Batallan Quoted Reply with quote

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/howard-reich/ct-ent-cso-silence-reich-0517-20200513-jahnl3dpabb47ijlgzzhj3amw4-story.html

"""“I think this virus crisis affects us,” says trumpeter Batallan. “For example, myself, I am playing alone every day at home, practicing with my mute,” so as not to disturb neighbors.

“You lose a part of your soul,” adds Battallan. “Because for us as musicians – and for the audience is the same – one part of our soul is into the music in that hall. … There is something I’m missing every day, and it’s the most beautiful moment we have, which is when we get together onstage making music.

"If we are not doing our job for our audience, we miss a part of ourselves. A part of our soul is not at peace right now.”"""""
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: