• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Sovereign 928GT vs. Prestige

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladsar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject: Sovereign 928GT vs. Prestige Reply with quote

Hi!

Just curious to know if anyone has compared these two Besson cornets. I am playing on a Prestige that I bought some years ago. I did compare it with a 928G, they didn't produce the 928GT when I bought the Prestige. For me the Prestige was the best choice back then. The 928GT has a main tuning slide trigger, but I don't know if that's the only difference between the 928G and 928GT.
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played both briefly - they're both excellent cornets and the Prestige is very popular in particular.

The 928GT I've seen far fewer of in the wild and, if I'm honest, I wouldn't buy one - I'd buy the regular 928 instead, but that's just because I dislike main slide triggers, have never had the want of one and seen far too many that stick or worse.

Besides the point in general really though, I'd buy an Eclipse anyway (I'm biased, but I'm fairly sure I'd pick the Eclipse regardless).
ladsar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the main slide trigger. I know it has been heavily debated, but I find it useful playing above staff. It seems like many of the top cornet models has a main slide trigger these days (Geneva, Besson, Willson and Stomvi).

Did the 928GT sound much darker compared to the Prestige? The sound from the 928 was way too dark for me when I tested it some years ago. I used a Denis Wick 4 and an Alliance RM3A if I remember correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: